The Better team Won On Sunday

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:31 pm

CFCB I believe has a looped delay in case of certain things creeping into the airing (like me cursing) outside of those things picked up using the ambient microphone.

And thank you for the nice comments. It's appreciated.

Dangle
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:12 pm

NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:CFCB I believe has a looped delay in case of certain things creeping into the airing (like me cursing) outside of those things picked up using the ambient microphone.

And thank you for the nice comments. It's appreciated.
:lol: :lol: Naw, I don't believe it...not you!

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:20 pm

hahahaha! There's a few times I'm sure the person in the studio was like ... "beep" ... lmao

Let's just say it's a very interesting experience. This is my second year doing it ... I've learned so much in the 2 years.

Dangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:26 pm

NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:hahahaha! There's a few times I'm sure the person in the studio was like ... "beep" ... lmao

Let's just say it's a very interesting experience. This is my second year doing it ... I've learned so much in the 2 years.
I was interviewed one time on the Cats broadcast. Still don't know how I got through. Not everyone can do what you do, let alone, do it well. Remember, you can't please all the people all the time and only some of the people some of the time. I think that's how it goes. Aaah,I'm gettin old!

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Dangle, there's so much to keep an eye on.

In Sunday's game, the puck & transition coming out of the Cats' end was just super fast. Plays & possible plays developing everywhere. Trying to see who was on the ice, who was off the ice, where the goalies & refs were and then when a play develops being able to provide any form of "analysis" at the whistle - sometimes you just get confused. LMAO. That too ... is a sign of age.

It was a treat to watch the games this season. I got to see some great hockey, I've got to see some terrible hockey.

I've seen all teams suck, I've seen all teams be great.

On Sunday, the Cats were great & the Royals - meh!

geoguy

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Dangle wrote:
NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:hahahaha! There's a few times I'm sure the person in the studio was like ... "beep" ... lmao

I was interviewed one time on the Cats broadcast. Still don't know how I got through. Not everyone can do what you do, let alone, do it well. Remember, you can't please all the people all the time and only some of the people some of the time. I think that's how it goes. Aaah,I'm gettin old!
I know what you mean dangle. Superfan and I did interviews with CBC radio prior to the herder a couple of seasons back and its a whole different world when the mic is on. I'm no stranger to public speaking in events I'm prepared for but when things are thrown at you(not literally) its easy to sound like a fool. god knows when I played back our interview I thought I was one. I might be right.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Silverhawk

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:18 pm

There is always a delay from radio, and having said that, there is then another delay when its being streamed online.... usually 30-45 seconds.. sometimes longer.

Try listening to a station on your rain, and then load up the same station online.. sometimes there's QUITE a lag time..
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

smogdog

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm

i found a big difference between my computer to my i pad probably 10 seconds

Dangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:52 pm

geoguy wrote:
Dangle wrote:

I know what you mean dangle. Superfan and I did interviews with CBC radio prior to the herder a couple of seasons back and its a whole different world when the mic is on. I'm no stranger to public speaking in events I'm prepared for but when things are thrown at you(not literally) its easy to sound like a fool. god knows when I played back our interview I thought I was one. I might be right.
I've done quite a bit of public speaking also. I'm fine when I'm prepared, as you say, and even divert from those plans when the audience is responding. But I was totally 'winging' it on the interview I did because I didn't know the questions I would be asked. Barry, George and the boys have to deal with that for three hours.
Sorry for throwing this off topic, BTW

• Information