Will there be a League Next Season?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Silverhawk wrote:Not seeing attendance down is simply putting your head in the sand and flat out ignoring what's right in front of you! Why do you think the cats brought in this family package?.. If you think its to simply to offer an alternative to families to save a few bucks, your wrong.. its TO TRY AND PUT BUMS IN THE SEATS... simply because taking a bit of a loss and getting a few more people in the building is better than them not being there at all.

I remember a time when you couldn't get tickets at the Joe for outside fans - you had to call your contacts on the visiting team to try and get tickets with the teams order. OMG playoff time.. you pretty much had to sell your first born to get your hands on tickets at times. NOW?.. sure you can decide last minute and pick up tickets at the box office before game time.
Some cats fans give off the impression that the sun rises and sets in GF-W. Time to wake up. GF-W does NOT have a protected shield over the Joe. The drop is happening there as well, you just may not see it quiet as obvious as the other rinks simply due to the fact the Joe holds less.

Something else to think about as well Cats fans, even if the Cats weren't struggling like the the other teams are, the Cats alone can't make up a league.
This seems like a severe over reaction to someone mentioning what the attendance numbers at the Joe Byrne are this year. Why so angry? Also, just for the record, statistically speaking, the relative capacity of the Joe compared to other stadiums is irrelevant to the percentage change in attendance. For the Joe, compared to last year, the percentage change, from a statistically significant consideration is 0. This is a data based fact and is not open to opinion or belief or what people surmise from looking at a picture on a computer screen. ..it simply is. I have no idea why this positive information upsets you to such a degree. It's just a number after all.

Seniorfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Silverhawk wrote:
Dangle wrote:
Silverhawk wrote:Not seeing attendance down is simply putting your head in the sand and flat out ignoring what's right in front of you! Why do you think the cats brought in this family package?.. If you think its to simply to offer an alternative to families to save a few bucks, your wrong.. its TO TRY AND PUT BUMS IN THE SEATS... simply because taking a bit of a loss and getting a few more people in the building is better than them not being there at all.

I remember a time when you couldn't get tickets at the Joe for outside fans - you had to call your contacts on the visiting team to try and get tickets with the teams order. OMG playoff time.. you pretty much had to sell your first born to get your hands on tickets at times. NOW?.. sure you can decide last minute and pick up tickets at the box office before game time.

Some cats fans give off the impression that the sun rises and sets in GF-W. Time to wake up. GF-W does NOT have a protected shield over the Joe. The drop is happening there as well, you just may not see it quiet as obvious as the other rinks simply due to the fact the Joe holds less.

Something else to think about as well Cats fans, even if the Cats weren't struggling like the the other teams are, the Cats alone can't make up a league.

You really got it bad, don't you. Relax, maid!!
:lol: :lol: not at all.. just stating what MANY MANY fans on here think as well.. because some (not all - there are some who are pretty objective) of the cats fans on here would like to believe the hockey world starts and ends with the cataracts. Cats win, fans like to rub it in everyones face and gloat about how fantastic the team is. They lose, and well, everyone is cat haters because other fans are smiling.
Thought we were talking about attendance numbers. You have really gotten seriously off track with your comments.

habitant33

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:30 pm

How about posting the numbers? You can't claim facts if you don't back it up. I Would have argued with you as well since I was able to walk into multiple games at the gate when I couldn't get a ticket a few yes ago. That definitely shows a decrease in interest. I do believe lionsden though so I'm sure you're right. But again why no t get the numbers and post them if you're so adament on this subject.

Dangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Silverhawk wrote:
Dangle wrote:

You really got it bad, don't you. Relax, maid!!
:lol: :lol: not at all.. just stating what MANY MANY fans on here think as well.. because some (not all - there are some who are pretty objective) of the cats fans on here would like to believe the hockey world starts and ends with the cataracts. Cats win, fans like to rub it in everyones face and gloat about how fantastic the team is. They lose, and well, everyone is cat haters because other fans are smiling.
Wow! I guess you just proved my point. So you have data, perhaps a survey, to show these disturbing facts about Cats fans. Strong accusations, don't you think. Every team has fans of all sorts of personalities, even Clarenville. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:34 pm

If every organization was a good as the Cats organization then this would not be an issue.

.... live in Bouville are you ready.

thelionsden

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:46 pm

habitant33 wrote:How about posting the numbers? You can't claim facts if you don't back it up. I Would have argued with you as well since I was able to walk into multiple games at the gate when I couldn't get a ticket a few yes ago. That definitely shows a decrease in interest. I do believe lionsden though so I'm sure you're right. But again why no t get the numbers and post them if you're so adament on this subject.
Not being able to get a ticket at the cats games has been un true for many years..the perseption was the joe was always sold out...not the case...their are always a few single seats to get during rhe regular season...however getting seats in the pay offs are a little more difficult..standing has never been an issue..only in the 2011 were we totally sold out ( fire regulations ).

Hockey Eyes

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Not to drive this further off topic ... but Is it outside all possability that the Caribous might come play in the AESHL next year and the WCSHL pick up another team closer to West?Central. ? The Caribous would be more than welcome in the AESHL. There are some good things working in favour of it. One is the cost ...no salaries...far lest costs . Two is natural rivalries. The CeeBees right off the bat will be one. The Southern Shore would be two. The Caps and the Eagles would be two more. They would all love to play against the Bous.
If the Clarenville could get there home game as a Saturday night affair it might be interesting. You don't have to draw a thousand when there are no salaries.
Ivan Hapgood was down at the Jack Byrne Friday night watching a wicked game. The Eagles went up by two ...the Caps didn't quit. The Caps tied it and went up by one ...The Eagles didn't quit. They tied it and went up by one...the Caps didn't quit. It finally ended in an overtime win for the Eagles but what a game. I wonder what Ivan thought of it. First I trhought he was at the game to talk with Jack Lee but Jack was elsewhere . Then maybe he was there to meet with Joe Maynard but they weren't together. In the end it dawned on me... Ivan was there to watch a hockey game. That simple. I'll wager he went to the Ice Caps the next night.

Two great crowds on a Friday night for the playoffs for the Eagles but nothing during the regular season ... that could change with another strong team . And to think ....there are no salaries in that league at all. Just stick money and some gear ..some pizza and some beer. I think a Clarenville team would be a real asset and it's just down the road.

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Well, I recall watching a few broadcasts & having conversations with the George & Robert when they were here ... topic of conversation was a drop in attendance across all arenas, including the Cats.

This however, isn't so much about 1 organization, but the health of the league.

What league do you have if it's just the Cataracts organization there?

How changing the current league format from what we have now, to something similar to what is in the AESHL? Drop the imports, expand the towns or regions participating ... create an a West, Central & Avalon division & come up maybe 10-12 teams where the top 2 in each division makes the playoffs - then the next 2 from the 3 divisions. Make the regular season worth something?

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Will Clarenville have to pay for everyone's bus into Bouville ?

..... I would rather stay in the west to be honest .

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:06 pm

NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:Well, I recall watching a few broadcasts & having conversations with the George & Robert when they were here ... topic of conversation was a drop in attendance across all arenas, including the Cats.

This however, isn't so much about 1 organization, but the health of the league.

What league do you have if it's just the Cataracts organization there?

How changing the current league format from what we have now, to something similar to what is in the AESHL? Drop the imports, expand the towns or regions participating ... create an a West, Central & Avalon division & come up maybe 10-12 teams where the top 2 in each division makes the playoffs - then the next 2 from the 3 divisions. Make the regular season worth something?

A province wide rec league would work, but forget about fans .

.... you wouldn't make enough to pay for the ice surface .

• Information