Just a general Statement....

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Drinks alota beer
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:18 pm

I really think that if this league is so Dependent on Import Players then this league is soon going to be in the gutter-----AGAIN.. I glanced though the rosters for the Teams that already are in the ALLAN CUP and i find it funny that they have no troubles competing every year and i don't see imports on there rosters.... If the Cats were continue without imports i don't think it would be that big of a Deal.. Yes you will loose Gallent, and Fergus but look at the other talents on that Team... ALL LOCAL NL boys.. There is Excellent talent in the great province that Senior Hockey doesn't need to be flying players in and out every weekend.. If each team has money like that kicking around Pay some of your Locals higher sums... People are going to come back to this post and probably bitch and complain but thats fine.. I am sick and friggin tired of hearing people bad mouthing the ASEHL.. Every Year in the " Off Season" the queston arises...... Will the CWSHL return next season? that question doesn't seem to linger around the East League,

evanpenton

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 pm

My problem with the aeshl is that they can't compete eith the west and they know it . Instead of accepting that , they declare its their right to play for the herder. In order to make it their right they constantly take from the cwshl. This is wrong. If the aeshl is a senior b league then stay as a senior b league and dont play for the herder. Just stop taking from our league.

Meanwhile if you eliminated imports this year the cat's still dominate the aeshl.
The hnl constantly tell us they are simply trying to help our league, but all they are doing is trying to make our league fold so they can have the herder to themselves
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Drinks alota beer

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:43 pm

What do you mean "take" from the CWSHL... if anything its the CWSHL taking from the East. The CWSHL has the money to throw around and every year they buy the best possible players they can.

HockeyFan29

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Drinks alota beer wrote:What do you mean "take" from the CWSHL... if anything its the CWSHL taking from the East. The CWSHL has the money to throw around and every year they buy the best possible players they can.
Exactly! Where are most of the top end players in the CWSHL from? The Avalon, that's where.

catsfan4

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Drinks alota beer wrote:What do you mean "take" from the CWSHL... if anything its the CWSHL taking from the East. The CWSHL has the money to throw around and every year they buy the best possible players they can.
In the past that was the case but you can't just sign players now they go into the draft

evanpenton

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Hnl declares its taking imports from the cwshl to make it more competitive.

For years now money has dictated where the better players go. Do you think the ceebees gor the faulkners to play for them by sweet talking them ??

Teams have always paid for players.

The herder by definition is awarded to the winner of the aenior a division Champs. Right now the aeshl isn't a senior a league. Instead of accepting that hnl is changing the rules year after year to make the cwshl weaker.
Therefore they arent interested in growing senior hockey across the island. They are interested in having the herder out east.

evanpenton

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Exactly! Where are most of the top end players in the CWSHL from? The Avalon, that's where.
Of course the chances of producing more higher skilled hockey players would be from the avalon. Populations and numbers alone give them the best odds.

If we played hockey with locals only the the aeshl would dominate and i bet you hnl wouldnt mind that at all.

Meanwhile as stated above, the ceebees won many herders on some bishops falls boys. No one complained then.

HockeyFan29

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:53 pm

evanpenton wrote:
HockeyFan29 wrote:
Of course the chances of producing more higher skilled hockey players would be from the avalon. Populations and numbers alone give them the best odds.

If we played hockey with locals only the the aeshl would dominate and i bet you hnl wouldnt mind that at all.

Meanwhile as stated above, the ceebees won many herders on some bishops falls boys. No one complained then.
Not just Bishop falls boys, but they had a load of local talent as well.

evanpenton

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:55 pm

As good as the faulkners ? My point is for years now it hasnt been locals only. So dont play this "all the talent is from the avalon and the should play in the avalon" crap.

This is nothing more then hnl and aeshl wanting their cake and eating it too. They have ahl hockey so no one cares about senior.

They cant compete with the cwshl do instead of settling for the aeshl champs they need to take from the west over and over and over until they win.

That really doesnt seem wrong to anyone ?

HockeyFan29

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm

evanpenton wrote:As good as the faulkners ? My point is for years now it hasnt been locals only. So dont play this "all the talent is from the avalon and the should play in the avalon" crap.

This is nothing more then hnl and aeshl wanting their cake and eating it too. They have ahl hockey so no one cares about senior.

They cant compete with the cwshl do instead of settling for the aeshl champs they need to take from the west over and over and over until they win.

That really doesnt seem wrong to anyone ?
I'll play whatever crap I want. There's nothing Evan Penton is going to do to stop HNL from doing what they want.

• Information