Cats Empty the Kitty

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Wade
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:Wase ,

I have another question about the Allan Cup and its teams. Do any players these days go UP from Senior to the NHL . I ask because I remember that Barrie had defenseman Daryl Sly who had played with the Leafs. He was a defense partner of Don Cherry in the American Hockey League by the way . While Sly was on his way down when he played with the Barrie Flyers there was another player on the team named Kent Ruhnke who a year or so later was playing with the Boston Bruins. Does anyone get " noticed" now in AAA Senior or is that a thing of the past.?
We've had a few guys go from Bentley onto some very good pro leagues...but...nobody going into the NHL. Quite a few coming the other way, of course.

The Army had Cam Maclise on the 2015 roster in Clarenville. He'd been in a tryout with Tampa weeks prior to signing with us. That's about as close as it gets, I'd say.

Tomcod

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 am

Wade wrote:
Tomcod wrote:Is that the same Tyler Sloan that played in the NHL and AHL ?
Correct. He's been living in Calgary for a few years now. He was highly sought by multiple SR teams here in Alberta. But nobody could come up with the $$$ he was asking for.
So Wade , you say he was highly sought by multiple SR teams in Alberta yet in another post you say ( now that the Cats have signed him ) he might not be a good signing ?? Do you know something that all those SR teams in Alberta and the Cats don't know.. I'm confused , care to explain Wade ??

Wade

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Wade wrote:
Tomcod wrote:Is that the same Tyler Sloan that played in the NHL and AHL ?
Correct. He's been living in Calgary for a few years now. He was highly sought by multiple SR teams here in Alberta. But nobody could come up with the $$$ he was asking for.
So Wade , you say he was highly sought by multiple SR teams in Alberta yet in another post you say ( now that the Cats have signed him ) he might not be a good signing ?? Do you know something that all those SR teams in Alberta and the Cats don't know.. I'm confused , care to explain Wade ??
I never said he might not be a good signing. I actually have no clue who he is...I recognize the name...but...can't say I remember what kind of player he is.

Tomcod

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:49 pm

well Wade , you said Sloan could be an expensive disappointment but yet you know nothing about him .. So how did you come to that conclusion ?? You also said a lot of teams in Alberta were trying to sign him .. Why would all those teams want tosign a player not up to par ?? Stay tuned..

superfan

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 pm

All rise .

Wade

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Tomcod wrote:well Wade , you said Sloan could be an expensive disappointment but yet you know nothing about him .. So how did you come to that conclusion ?? You also said a lot of teams in Alberta were trying to sign him .. Why would all those teams want tosign a player not up to par ?? Stay tuned..
I wouldn't put much stock in my comment. I was just alluding to the fact Sloan hasn't played any "real" hockey in quite awhile. But...Idunno much about the guy other than he's been good enough to play in the NHL for a long time.

I don't know how much teams were after Sloan this year...he was a big name rumour 1-2 seasons ago.

titan

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Can AESHL players be picked up for the Allan Cup?

thelionsden

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes

canonball

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:56 pm

You know that they can ,Yetman was asked not sure if he will go. The best set up player playing senior on the rock

titan

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:09 pm

canonball wrote:You know that they can ,Yetman was asked not sure if he will go. The best set up player playing senior on the rock
Can they be picked up by a team outside of NL?

• Information