CeeBees

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:07 pm
I don't want to say I told you so but....
:ymapplause:

Hockey Eyes

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

aseyeseesit

Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 am

There is no doubt that the CeeBees have been in the middle of controversey in every league they have participated in over the last decade or so - AESHL, NSHL , and now after only a couple of seasons in the AESHL again.
They have a way of leaving or being forced out of each of these league configurations. And, to suggest that it is everyone else's fault and that the CeeBees are the only good guys misses the obvious. There is a history here that just didn't start with this weeks "bruha".

#1BousFan

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:10 pm

They were paying some players & they don't play players in the AESHL so they did break the rules & by that the teams voted & decided to kick them out, Don't think HNL & Hockey Canada will do anything, The Ceebees are welcome back in the CWSHL
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

goboosgo

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Karma, Joe Maynard was their friend when he saw the no goal when the CeeBees were awarded the Hollett Cup.

puckit

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 am
There is no doubt that the CeeBees have been in the middle of controversey in every league they have participated in over the last decade or so - AESHL, NSHL , and now after only a couple of seasons in the AESHL again.
They have a way of leaving or being forced out of each of these league configurations. And, to suggest that it is everyone else's fault and that the CeeBees are the only good guys misses the obvious. There is a history here that just didn't start with this weeks "bruha".
While I agree with your statements on the CeeBees since they have burned a few bridges in recent years, I still have a basic mistrust of anybody who has a vested interest in the AESHL teams. I do not trust Hockey NL to make the best decisions in the interest of senior hockey or even minor hockey for that matter. I do not know the motive behind this latest decision but rest assured, all the old cronies were in on this one. Interesting if the CeeBees ask to join the CWSHL. Certain conditions apply, I'm sure!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

Hockey Eyes

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:23 am

I only know what I know. Last year at a meeting I asked directly if any players were being paid. I was told no pay in the league apart from a bit of equipment. I asked directly about the CeeBees and was told if any team was found to be paying players they would be thrown out. I take the release at face value. The CeeBees are not the type of team the AESHL wants in the league. They are of a different type. They are better suited to whats left of the CWSHL league but that league appears to be a bit of shambles.
The AESHL will continue without the CeeBees. If the CeeBees were paying players then justice has been served. If they weren't paying players than justice has not been served. It is ONE of those.
I did like it when the CeeBees came to the Jack Byrne. It put a buzz in the place and they had some great players... paid or unpaid .

meincbn

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 am

Since there is no proof that the CeeBees paid any players then they have to be considered Innocent. So this accusations should not even play into the decision process "Without a requirement for proof, then basically anything goes,

thelionsden

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:01 pm

While I don't agree with the decision to remove the Cee Bee's from the league. Anyone who thinks certain players were not paid....either have the Head up there you know what...or actually have been drinking to much off the kool aid. Proof may not come from the Cee Bee's book's....but you can put a large amount of bank, that it did come from somewhere.

canonball

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:59 pm

And the league has done the right thing with the CB's ,now to ck up on the other teams . By the way just something to think about what if Joe's team is paying players ,now would that be something

• Information