CBS Over the Eagles

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:28 am

The story of this game was on the bench. The Eagles started the game with 11 skaters. They stayed with the Blues for a period and a half. It was actually 2-1 for the Eagles in the second period. Then they faded. . 4-2 for the Blues when I called it quits. I figured the final would be like 3 or 4 goals. In fact it was 5 with the final score 10-5 for the Blues.
The attendance was so bad ... the bar wasn't open . I didn't stay for the 50/50 it was probably 70 or 80 bucks.
Both sides started their backup goaltenders. (Puddester and Edwards) Jenkins and Pippy sat this one out. The Blues look good (Tibbo, Hodge , Perks etc ...but not good enough to beat the Caribous when the time comes. . They are young and they skate hard. They move the puck well.
For the Eagles... they have one more game up the shore....If they get 11 skaters for a home game I don't how many they will take up Mobile.
I still like the Caribous in the east . I also am looking forward the east playoffs. I'm not sure about the Caps or the Breakers so who knows what will happen. They seem to be better than I think. I didn't get my eight dollars worth. The Eagles were trying to survive their shift after the first half hour. The bench was just too short against a full team.
If i was the Caps or the Breakers I might consider switching a playoff game to the Jack Byrne and pay some bills.

• Information