Breaking: No Senior Hockey this Winter

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:59 pm

A friend of mine who sakted with the Eagles in practise decided he can't commit to hockey. I asked him where the Eagles players were coming from because they had problems with numbers last year.He said from Gander. He did not indicate if they were Flyers or just hockey players from Gander working or going to school in St. Johns'. Interesting .

geoela

Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Looks like good old HockeyFan29 is back as ECSHLFan2019. Same old hatred for the Cats. Same old posts...over and over. Boring.

Oh just a fan

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 pm

It seems to me 19-29 whatever he/she goes by can't remember a simple password.

The Puck

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:33 pm

I say the Growlers, Junior hockey teams and Major Midget teams will get more fans this year if there is no senior hockey.

Flyer24

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:05 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:59 pm
A friend of mine who sakted with the Eagles in practise decided he can't commit to hockey. I asked him where the Eagles players were coming from because they had problems with numbers last year.He said from Gander. He did not indicate if they were Flyers or just hockey players from Gander working or going to school in St. Johns'. Interesting .
Well considering the majority of Gander's roster last season actually Live on the Avalon, it would certainly make sense that they would look to make a few $$ playing in there if the Flyers have no league to play in.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Yeah the guy I know is new to the province so has no background info on the league or players. He didn;t say they were from the Gander team. I doubt of he ever heard of the Gander team. He was just looking for a competitive game.. As for making a few dollars ... I doubt if the Eagle could pay anyone. Last year they had few players and no major sponsor. I thought James Cadigan was going back to them this year but apparently he is staying with the Southern Shore Breakers.
I switched from being an Eagles fan to being for the CBS Blues last year . They are a good solid organization and get some local support. Clarenville against the Blues is worth the price of admission. I hope it all starts soon .........

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:04 pm

geoela wrote:
Looks like good old HockeyFan29 is back as ECSHLFan2019. Same old hatred for the Cats. Same old posts...over and over. Boring.
If you find my posts boring, don’t read them. Must suck for the Flyers not having anywhere to play this season.

ECSHLFan2019

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Yeah the guy I know is new to the province so has no background info on the league or players. He didn;t say they were from the Gander team. I doubt of he ever heard of the Gander team. He was just looking for a competitive game.. As for making a few dollars ... I doubt if the Eagle could pay anyone. Last year they had few players and no major sponsor. I thought James Cadigan was going back to them this year but apparently he is staying with the Southern Shore Breakers.
I switched from being an Eagles fan to being for the CBS Blues last year . They are a good solid organization and get some local support. Clarenville against the Blues is worth the price of admission. I hope it all starts soon .........
You must mean Dan Cadigan? James did not play last season.

AEfan

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
It’s Dan not James hockey lies, and as it’s been stated here many many times before, he wasn’t ever going back to the Eagles. Same with Mark Yetman.

Stadium Fries

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:22 pm

ECSHLFan2019 wrote:
geoela wrote:
If you find my posts boring, don’t read them. Must suck for the Flyers not having anywhere to play this season.
You never know but word around the water cooler is that the Cats and Flyers fans will know by the end of this week if we have a league.
Apparently around the same time the East league will find out if they have hockey as well.
Lots of fundraising happening here so we can only hope for some positive news.

• Information