BREAK OUT THE BROOMS

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
JOHNNYHAB
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 am

Bluecaps wrote:Again an insunuation of imports are the cause of the win. Just admit it, the cat's were better at building a team than the baymen where. Give it up, let's face it.
The CeeBees are just old and too slow for the Cats.

srhockeyfan

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 am

CB's can talk all they want about imports... sean wadden, scott brophy, ray dalton, mike dyke, mike stevens, chris sparkes, chad fisher... all guys that the cb's picked up in the draft... all these guys are top notch players but the cb's always found a way to get better position in the draft or somehow sneak these guys from other teams... and you think they didn't do some dirty work to get the better draft positions or get guys from teams... bottom line is every team does what it has to do to become better... there's no team in NL senior hockey that can point a finger at another for paying players or adding the players they want. It's dog eat dog bottom line.

just watch

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:13 am

Not to break your bubble but if you go down through all the post in the last month almost every time the import topic is talked about here it's started by a west coast fan.

Slapshot

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:35 am

Bluecaps wrote:Again an insunuation of imports are the cause of the win. Just admit it, the cat's were better at building a team than the baymen where. Give it up, let's face it.
Nobody is denying they have built a better team. Each team in both leagues do what they can within the rules to build the best team they can. Some teams like Bell Island are very limited in this regard due to location and funds. The league gets most of the funds in the east and the CB's have carried the east league for many years as most of their revenue was shared among the other teams.

It has been said here time and time again that the west allowed imports because it improved the calibre of the league and allow more parity between teams which it obviously did. Even with this, many teams in the west have folded and some are hurting now. The east has different rules which limit what a team can do in terms of revenue, player selection and signing, draft, etc and the parity between both leagues is disappearing. I am not upset because the CB's are losing, I am upset because they are losing 8-2 with one of the best teams the CB's has had in a while. While on the one hand you guys say you have to have the imports to put a competitive team on the ice, you become very defensive when it is suggested this have given you an advantage against the east. Look at Major League Baseball - who would win the World Series if the American League used designated hitters and the National League made the pitchers hit? Would fans of the American League say to the National League fans- we are only playing within our rules and this doesn't give us an advantage so stop crying about it???

BeastFromTheEast

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

srhockeyfan wrote:CB's can talk all they want about imports... sean wadden, scott brophy, ray dalton, mike dyke, mike stevens, chris sparkes, chad fisher... all guys that the cb's picked up in the draft... all these guys are top notch players but the cb's always found a way to get better position in the draft or somehow sneak these guys from other teams... and you think they didn't do some dirty work to get the better draft positions or get guys from teams... bottom line is every team does what it has to do to become better... there's no team in NL senior hockey that can point a finger at another for paying players or adding the players they want. It's dog eat dog bottom line.
Always found their way to sneak to the top? are you serious? If they always found their way to sneak to the top, then they would've gotten Ryan Walsh last year, but instead Southern Shore got him. Dont shoot your crap, unless you know what your talking about buddy.
Go Cee Bees Go!

Slapshot

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:24 pm

BeastFromTheEast wrote:
srhockeyfan wrote:CB's can talk all they want about imports... sean wadden, scott brophy, ray dalton, mike dyke, mike stevens, chris sparkes, chad fisher... all guys that the cb's picked up in the draft... all these guys are top notch players but the cb's always found a way to get better position in the draft or somehow sneak these guys from other teams... and you think they didn't do some dirty work to get the better draft positions or get guys from teams... bottom line is every team does what it has to do to become better... there's no team in NL senior hockey that can point a finger at another for paying players or adding the players they want. It's dog eat dog bottom line.
Always found their way to sneak to the top? are you serious? If they always found their way to sneak to the top, then they would've gotten Ryan Walsh last year, but instead Southern Shore got him. Dont shoot your crap, unless you know what your talking about buddy.
Actually what happens most times is that the players will say to Bell Island - don't draft me because I won't play for you or I will play out west. What is Bell Island to do? They pass on that guy and pick someone who will play for them and the CB's or Mount pearl get the better player. Actually the CeeBees drafted Dan Curran this year and he played with Deer Lake so they don't always get who they want.

catsfan4

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 pm

And Donny Gosse with corner brook.. who was he drafted by?

Slapshot

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:30 pm

catsfan4 wrote:And Donny Gosse with corner brook.. who was he drafted by?
Mount Pearl

geoguy

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Slapshot wrote:
catsfan4 wrote:And Donny Gosse with corner brook.. who was he drafted by?
Mount Pearl
and Corner Brook would have been better off if they let him go to MP
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

unbiased

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 pm

I wish everyone would just drop the BS!!! I am a Cee Bee supporter for years now and a friend to most players but call a spade a spade- the Cats are just that much better than our team. We have a great team yes, but not the same caliber as theirs. We won the east and that is a great accomplishment!!! I give all credit to the staff of GF on icing such a team but I also give credit to our staff for the same!!! Let's drop the excuses such as rules, imports, coaching, etc....My advise is Cats fans win and enjoy your Herder with dignity and Cee Bee fans accept the loss with the same.....how boring would the Herder be if the same team won year in year out????

I do expect the Cats will win tonight so CONGRATS on such an accomplishment!!!!

• Information