CWSHL AAA semi pro?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Nl senior hockey fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:52 am

As superfan has stated so many times in the last few weeks, if the CWSHL is considered a AAA semipro league, why don't all 4 teams register as a AAA team every year instead of just the team wishing to attend the AC?

And before you ask, yes I have seen at least 1 home game of all CWSHL teams this year and have watched a few AESHL games this year as well

Just a question

HockeyOutsider

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 am

Because all 4 teams cannot go to the AC, by allowing 1 team to be registered as AAA, that team can now pick up players from the other teams.

PurpleandGold

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 am

HockeyOutsider wrote:Because all 4 teams cannot go to the AC, by allowing 1 team to be registered as AAA, that team can now pick up players from the other teams.
That's right....its all about the affiliate players....AAA can not affiliate with another AAA team....

superfan

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 am

HockeyOutsider wrote:Because all 4 teams cannot go to the AC, by allowing 1 team to be registered as AAA, that team can now pick up players from the other teams.

... that's something I didn't know .

cool .

PurpleandGold

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:40 am

superfan wrote:

... that's something I didn't know .

cool .
That's right the Herder champion is the only team that registers as AAA the next year. Well in this year two teams. A little political moving around to make sure the NL team gets is players. Again as I mentioned on here before I think affiliate players is a farce but what do I know. Just like the idea of the team who competed for you all year representing you

Flyer24

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:56 am

But Purple if the Bou's weren't allowed to combine with the CeeBees that year they wouldn't have won the Allan Cup. haha.

Unidentified Source

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

I would think it has more to do with expenses than players, although that would be a consideration. If every team registered as an AAA team, then the winner of the league would have to come up with ~$25K within two weeks to go. By using the previous season champion, that team can budget and fund-raise the entire year in preparation. The AC host does provide some compensation to the teams coming in, but not enough to offset all the costs. I'm sure everyone on this island knows the cost of getting a last minute flight to Ontario/Alberta. Multiply that by 30!

PurpleandGold

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 am

Unidentified Source wrote:I would think it has more to do with expenses than players, although that would be a consideration. If every team registered as an AAA team, then the winner of the league would have to come up with ~$25K within two weeks to go. By using the previous season champion, that team can budget and fund-raise the entire year in preparation. The AC host does provide some compensation to the teams coming in, but not enough to offset all the costs. I'm sure everyone on this island knows the cost of getting a last minute flight to Ontario/Alberta. Multiply that by 30!
Fair point Source....just seems like so much political finagling to make sure we can get to the Allan Cup....Why can't the Herder be enough?...lol

evanpenton

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:34 pm

I dont think teams should have been going after the Allan Cup for these past few years.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

goboosgo

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Flyer24 wrote:But Purple if the Bou's weren't allowed to combine with the CeeBees that year they wouldn't have won the Allan Cup. haha.
But 24, if the league hadn't given the Flyers everything but the kitchen sink, what would they have won?

• Information