Is this Herder good for Senior Hockey?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLHockeyTalk.ca

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Well, game 1 is in the books.

I have to ask the question ... is this good for senior hockey?

This was truly one sided & showed (at least I think) the imbalance in the 2 senior leagues.

I was hoping for a much different game one & much different series. This didn't look good at all tonight. Nerves? Or just that much of a difference in the caliber of play & players?

Lukegranter
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Let's find out after tomorrow. Better judge of how uneven things are after a larger sample size! Didn't look good tonight that's for sure.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Sad to send your AESHL league into a slaugher!! This will not help market the game. This is what was to be expected.

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Lukegranter wrote:Let's find out after tomorrow. Better judge of how uneven things are after a larger sample size! Didn't look good tonight that's for sure.
That's what I'm hoping as well - let's see what tomorrow brings. Tonight definitely didn't look good. I'm hoping it was just nerves.

evanpenton

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Well just as a point. We had a line of cole hoffe and lewis.
While i like all 3 they are 3 of the weaker cats. There were several times where they were set up and cycling the puck in the capa zone for significant akounts of time.

Lets say hnl, in all their wisdom comes out says no imports for the cwshl next year. The west teams would still dominate. Guys like bussey, wicks lindstrom mcqguirk and dalley would still outplay that team. Tha doesn't include yetman brennan short etc etc.

The overall picture of an even league with the east playing the west for a trophy is a nice one. But this attempt to cripple the west year after year to get it isnt right. Id rather pay money to watch cam fergus, then to get in cheaper just to watch locals.

The west > east. Accept it and move on.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Lukegranter

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:15 pm

evanpenton wrote:Well just as a point. We had a line of cole hoffe and lewis.
While i like all 3 they are 3 of the weaker cats. There were several times where they were set up and cycling the puck in the capa zone for significant akounts of time.

Lets say hnl, in all their wisdom comes out says no imports for the cwshl next year. The west teams would still dominate. Guys like bussey, wicks lindstrom mcqguirk and dalley would still outplay that team. Tha doesn't include yetman brennan short etc etc.

The overall picture of an even league with the east playing the west for a trophy is a nice one. But this attempt to cripple the west year after year to get it isnt right. Id rather pay money to watch cam fergus, then to get in cheaper just to watch locals.

The west > east. Accept it and move on.
Well said, sir!

Caribous insider

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:16 pm

The Cats have a lot more to bring to the table!
If im not mistaken, Fergus and Yetty never even scored!
The Cats barly played as hard as they had to too win!
I almost feel bad for the Caps. Most of them probley didnt even know what they were getting into!

smogdog

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:23 pm

what do you think is going to happen on the bigger ice surface???????

thelionsden

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 pm

And a side note..the Caps are not used to playing back to back games....lets see if druken can get up past the red line tomorrow..he iced the puck 3 times in the second period to get off the ice because of the long change.

Stadium Fries

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:30 pm

thelionsden wrote:And a side note..the Caps are not used to playing back to back games....lets see if druken can get up past the red line tomorrow..he iced the puck 3 times in the second period to get off the ice because of the long change.
Druken the Captain did he play tonight. Sad part of this is that the Cats might get into some bad habits before they play the NB team.

• Information