Bous vs Flyers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:29 pm

If Gander is going to pick up any points this weekend goaltender Cheverie is going to have to show he belongs in this league. 11 goals in his first two games isn't going to get it done. I thought the Caribous played well last weekend. Right down to the wire on Saturday and only a bad penalty from maybe taking Sundays game. Sounds like all the key pieces are there for Clarenville this weekend. I haven't heard about Gander. They'll need everybody gong to compete. It wouldn't surprise me if Clarenville took both but would prefer to see a split. Either way it should be competitive based on how both teams played against the Cats. After splitting their first two games against the Cataracts I'd expect a good crowd on hand for the Flyers home opener. What's everybody else's thoughts ?

PurpleandGold

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Wow Seniorfan not showing much respect for the Purple and Gold.

Seniorfan

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:56 pm

PurpleandGold wrote:Wow Seniorfan not showing much respect for the Purple and Gold.
Wow. Didn't read it very closely. Can't even say something nice without someone complaining. Talked about their split with the Cats. Said the games should be competitive. As a result I get accused of not showing the Flyers respect. Just because I said I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarenville win both ? Tried to steer this blog back to Hockey Talk. Didn't last long. Was hoping for responses about hockey. Instead first response is a personal one. Oh well. I tried. Anyone else want to take a shot at it ? Good luck.

PurpleandGold

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
PurpleandGold wrote:Wow Seniorfan not showing much respect for the Purple and Gold.
Wow. Didn't read it very closely. Can't even say something nice without someone complaining. Talked about their split with the Cats. Said the games should be competitive. As a result I get accused of not showing the Flyers respect. Just because I said I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarenville win both ? Tried to steer this blog back to Hockey Talk. Didn't last long. Was hoping for responses about hockey. Instead first response is a personal one. Oh well. I tried. Anyone else want to take a shot at it ? Good luck.
Dude calm down....I made an observation on your remarks not a damnation.....no personal attack there....

Seniorfan

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Forget it. Waste of time here. Impossible to discuss hockey.

canonball

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Good by

Seniorfan

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:04 am

canonball wrote:Good by
It's spelled "Good bye". Didn't say I was going anywhere, just that it is a waste of time trying to talk hockey on this site.

Please provide an explanation for your statement that the league wouldn't exist if the Cataracts weren't going to the Allan Cup.

canonball

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:14 am

Also good boy , now which one did I mean to say ...where would the cats play if there was no league to play in

Seniorfan

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:17 am

canonball wrote:Also good boy , now which one did I mean to say ...where would the cats play if there was no league to play in
That doesn't answer the question. You said you're statement was "true". You'd think you be excited to share this knowledge with everyone. Why so reluctant?

canonball

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:26 am

Which statement did I say was true can't seem to remember ,got tied up in the song by Jerry Lee Lewis " Great Balls of Fire "

• Information