Bous vs Flyers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:29 am

canonball wrote:Dangles, no I took a rest , looks like someone else is taking over . Just to make thing clear why not go over the last few post and see who had started all of the fuss seems like every time I say something about poor fan support some one think that I have a negative outlook on the league which is far from being true . If they knew me I don't they would say that . Any way like I said hope you see good games this weekend and both games are close l don't even like to see that happen even if the bous are on the winning end ,not good for hockey
Why did you say there would be no league if the Cataracts weren't going to the Allan Cup?

Actually I called out someone who said there were "no fans" at last Sunday's game when the fact is there were about 600. Once again showing I am interested in what's best for the league. That's been my history here. You say people wouldn't criticize you if they knew you. We only know you through your posts.

canonball

Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:06 am

Jesus ,man do you put a spin on everything . Didn't say anything about being criticize ,just saying that if some posters on here knew me they would not be saying that I want this league to fold ,or any league for that matter . And yes I beleive that I may have been a bit hasty in saying that there would not be a league if the cats were not going to the Allan cup .the people who step up in the final minutes to help the bous made it happen and I would say a big thank you to them .By the way was the Royals offered the same help to stay in ,just wondering again

Seniorfan

Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:46 am

canonball wrote:Jesus ,man do you put a spin on everything . Didn't say anything about being criticize ,just saying that if some posters on here knew me they would not be saying that I want this league to fold ,or any league for that matter . And yes I beleive that I may have been a bit hasty in saying that there would not be a league if the cats were not going to the Allan cup .the people who step up in the final minutes to help the bous made it happen and I would say a big thank you to them .By the way was the Royals offered the same help to stay in ,just wondering again
Youre the only one putting a spin on things. I never once said or even suggested that you wanted this or any league to fold. Not once. I did however call you out multiple times for saying mutiple times that there would be no league if the Cataracts weren't going to the Allan Cup. Given the inflammatory nature of such a comment I kept asking for your evidence. You now brush it off as having been merely "hasty". No explanation for why you would have made such an extrodinary claim in the first place. I do have a problem with people who just make up crap about the league or teams. You've now admitted that's just what you did. No apologies from me for hounding you until the truth came to light.

As to your question about whether the same offer was made to the Royals, first it's important to understand that the issues facing the two organizations were quite different. According to Ivan Hapgood who I saw interviewed on the Cats webcast Saturday night it was a local business owner who stepped up and saved the team. No concessions from the league or the other teams. Actual information.

canonball

Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:18 am

I do know who came forward to help the bous and like I said , thanks to them.

#1BousFan

Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 am

Guys, Please keep the topic about the upcoming games the weekend
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

royalcat

Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Is Clarenville Ford their main Sponsor ?If so I would say they put everything in this year ,thinking that this will be the Bous last year.Than again maybe the last year for this league.Hope not after seeing some good games this pass weekend,

Dangle

Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
canonball wrote:Jesus ,man do you put a spin on everything . Didn't say anything about being criticize ,just saying that if some posters on here knew me they would not be saying that I want this league to fold ,or any league for that matter . And yes I beleive that I may have been a bit hasty in saying that there would not be a league if the cats were not going to the Allan cup .the people who step up in the final minutes to help the bous made it happen and I would say a big thank you to them .By the way was the Royals offered the same help to stay in ,just wondering again
Youre the only one putting a spin on things. I never once said or even suggested that you wanted this or any league to fold. Not once. I did however call you out multiple times for saying mutiple times that there would be no league if the Cataracts weren't going to the Allan Cup. Given the inflammatory nature of such a comment I kept asking for your evidence. You now brush it off as having been merely "hasty". No explanation for why you would have made such an extrodinary claim in the first place. I do have a problem with people who just make up crap about the league or teams. You've now admitted that's just what you did. No apologies from me for hounding you until the truth came to light.

As to your question about whether the same offer was made to the Royals, first it's important to understand that the issues facing the two organizations were quite different. According to Ivan Hapgood who I saw interviewed on the Cats webcast Saturday night it was a local business owner who stepped up and saved the team. No concessions from the league or the other teams. Actual information.
The Royals had a local businessman come forward to save the day also, but due to circumstances I probably shouldn't mention, they were foiled in their attempts. Actual Info.

Dangle

Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:06 pm

BTW We need people like Seniorfan to keep others accountable. Opinions are fine. False accusations, heresay and personal attacks are not.

HockeyFan29

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Dangle wrote:BTW We need people like Seniorfan to keep others accountable. Opinions are fine. False accusations, heresay and personal attacks are not.
bull****. Opinions are only fine when you're not criticizing the Cats in anyway shape or form. Other than that it's people like you and Seniorfan calling people down to dirt and being idiots. Fact.

HockeyFan29

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Dangle wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:

The Royals had a local businessman come forward to save the day also, but due to circumstances I probably shouldn't mention, they were foiled in their attempts. Actual Info.
Don't these local business men not have any more sense than to throw their money away by donating it to a failing league? No wonder there's not much left in rural Newfoundland.

• Information