Royals,red wings,jets,mariners may return

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Great idea. Hope it works.

HARLEE

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:26 pm

http://www.gulfnews.ca/sports/hockey/20 ... -life.html

According to the Port au Basque paper it will be a junior hockey league. Does anyone know if it is senior or Junior?

royals hockey

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:43 pm

HARLEE wrote:http://www.gulfnews.ca/sports/hockey/20 ... -life.html

According to the Port au Basque paper it will be a junior hockey league. Does anyone know if it is senior or Junior?
Seems to me it's a mistake or a typo on the person writing the article. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... KICWHJDesA or https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... p473pymorw
Royals Fan GO ROYALS GO!!! Bleed blue white and red

Toby

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:26 pm

I say it is about time we get rid of payed and imported players. No need for people to be trying to create semi-pro hockey team in Newfoundland.

santana500

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:25 pm

There is already a Central Newfoundland League . The Exploits Blades operate out of the Joe Byrne. Just some food for thought for next year. Who will playoff for the Herder and how will it be determine?

http://www.centralnlhockey.com/team/exploits-blades/

NL player 89

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Anyone know any players trying out for each team?

goboosgo

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:40 am

I certainly wish the organizers, players and communities all the best in this venture. Leagues don't have to be semi-pro or anything close as long as they provide entertainment to those attending. I truly feel the end of CWSHL started with the Allan Cup, too much money for the small markets here. As for the naysayers, they are and will be against anything other than their leagues and those CWSHL supporters will soon be without a league. Sad but true.

Ivan

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:26 am

goboosgo wrote:I certainly wish the organizers, players and communities all the best in this venture. Leagues don't have to be semi-pro or anything close as long as they provide entertainment to those attending. I truly feel the end of CWSHL started with the Allan Cup, too much money for the small markets here. As for the naysayers, they are and will be against anything other than their leagues and those CWSHL supporters will soon be without a league. Sad but true.
Not so sure my friend were gonna be without a leaque. Will there be changes to the landscape in order to continue. There will have to be, I can only speak for myself and a few others I'm in contact with daily and we have every intention of a Sr Hockey team on the ice again next fall. Changes will need to me made to make it affordable, but sometimes a llittle piss/vinegar can be more entertaining than talent. The day the last puck is dropped on this season, whatever day that may be, I will be starting the next day to do whatever it takes to keep the Bous on ice for next season.

PurpleandGold

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:38 am

Ivan wrote:
goboosgo wrote:I certainly wish the organizers, players and communities all the best in this venture. Leagues don't have to be semi-pro or anything close as long as they provide entertainment to those attending. I truly feel the end of CWSHL started with the Allan Cup, too much money for the small markets here. As for the naysayers, they are and will be against anything other than their leagues and those CWSHL supporters will soon be without a league. Sad but true.
Not so sure my friend were gonna be without a leaque. Will there be changes to the landscape in order to continue. There will have to be, I can only speak for myself and a few others I'm in contact with daily and we have every intention of a Sr Hockey team on the ice again next fall. Changes will need to me made to make it affordable, but sometimes a llittle piss/vinegar can be more entertaining than talent. The day the last puck is dropped on this season, whatever day that may be, I will be starting the next day to do whatever it takes to keep the Bous on ice for next season.
Atta boy Ivan!

canonball

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:45 am

Way to go Ivan ,you sir are a great person in my books . Hope that it gets off the ground and we have more hockey in Clarenville .. My hat is off to all the Caribou exc. and all that helped to ice a team this year. Thank you all

• Information