Royals,red wings,jets,mariners may return

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:30 am

royals hockey wrote:I can't help but feel some people don't seem to want this to work but that just my opinion. I for one can't wait to see the royals on the ice again clashing with the red wings its been such a long time. There is alot of buzz here in corner brook and in deer lake also.
I certainly can see where you would get that feeling Royals.

Unidentified Source

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 am

royals hockey wrote:I can't help but feel some people don't seem to want this to work...
It's not hard to get that feeling here at all. I don't understand that sentiment when this league will not be competing with CWSHL in any way/shape/form. It's not even in the same discussion. Maybe the Central Intermediate, but not the CWSHL. The calibre will be lower, the fan attendance will be lower... but so will the expenses! It's about trying to have something that's sustainable. The last bit of hockey in Stephenville/Deer Lake/PAB was Junior B. And even that drew a couple hundred fans. PAB even use to get upwards of 600 regularly... for Junior B!!! If teams can average close to that in the centres, with minimal overhead, it should work. These communities can't sustain CWSHL semi-pro teams, but at least they get some hockey back. How could anyone not be happy for fans in these places?

Mack

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

What names are being thrown around for potential players on each team?

NL player 89

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Mack wrote:What names are being thrown around for potential players on each team?
Was talking to a few young guys about this league. A few names popped up for DL red wings, Michael Hynes, Brandon Hynes, Darren Langdon. Sounds like DL is paying out big cash to attract big names.

royals hockey

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:41 pm

NL player 89 wrote:
Mack wrote:What names are being thrown around for potential players on each team?
Was talking to a few young guys about this league. A few names popped up for DL red wings, Michael Hynes, Brandon Hynes, Darren Langdon. Sounds like DL is paying out big cash to attract big names.
Its an unpaid league so no players is going to be paid to play the game. Plus wouldn't the hynes brothers be playing for the corner brook royals?
Royals Fan GO ROYALS GO!!! Bleed blue white and red

NL player 89

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Why would they play with CB??? There is no affiliation with CWSHL and the new Senior B league. This is what I've heard. I doubt Gander will let Hynes walk away to play in a Senior B league though

royals hockey

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:11 pm

NL player 89 wrote:Why would they play with CB??? There is no affiliation with CWSHL and the new Senior B league. This is what I've heard. I doubt Gander will let Hynes walk away to play in a Senior B league though
My bad I just assumed that if they were to somehow wanting play in the new senior league they would be back with the royals only because they used to play for cb before we opted out of that league. Would be a total boost if they somehow joined :-D
Royals Fan GO ROYALS GO!!! Bleed blue white and red

NL player 89

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Excited to see who Mariners and Jets will have. I'm sure Royals will have a good team with a lot of ex junior/senior players around town

Mack

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:35 am

I guess each team would have their set boundaries, such as it is in Minor Hockey. You can't reside in Deer Lake and play in Corner Brook etc...Should be interesting to see who shows up. Any Goalie names being thrown around?

canonball

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:40 pm

royals hockey wrote:
NL player 89 wrote:
Its an unpaid league so no players is going to be paid to play the game. Plus wouldn't the hynes brothers be playing for the corner brook royals?
Like the aeshl ,sure we all know that there is no players getting money to play in that league =)) =)) =))

• Information