Disgrace...

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 pm

I get back from Harbour Grace. Think all one has to do is go online and check a few sites and voila a score to the Breakers-Eagles game. Not one to be found. Figure game is over about 2 hours now. Then they wonder the reason there's 20 at a game there. No marketing. CeeBees are miles ahead of everyone including the league when it comes to marketing or getting information out to fans. I'm wondering was the schedule the AESHL even correct now. Odd for Shore to play Saturday at home.

Sam Boney

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:23 am

The Breakers won 5-2

Hockey Eyes

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:52 am

123 wrote:I get back from Harbour Grace. Think all one has to do is go online and check a few sites and voila a score to the Breakers-Eagles game. Not one to be found. Figure game is over about 2 hours now. Then they wonder the reason there's 20 at a game there. No marketing. CeeBees are miles ahead of everyone including the league when it comes to marketing or getting information out to fans. I'm wondering was the schedule the AESHL even correct now. Odd for Shore to play Saturday at home.

I looked all over the place for results on Saturday and found nothing. No page updates ... nar tweet.
Frustrating. The Sports Page was reporting that Mooney scored in overtime on Friday night for the Eagles. That page is now corrected ...

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:03 pm

That's what I mean Hockey Eyes. Playoffs and nothing was to be found until a few hours later. Next season all teams should have someone designated to pop into Twitter for their team and just throw out a score. Look at the CeeBees Facebook page or their Twitter account. Updates all over the place. Even if you can't be at the game and are designated person to update social media someone from the team can text you score after the game. I'm sure once games are over players aren't out of equipment when all are on their cell phones. It's the way of the world now.

Toby

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 pm

123 wrote:I get back from Harbour Grace. Think all one has to do is go online and check a few sites and voila a score to the Breakers-Eagles game. Not one to be found. Figure game is over about 2 hours now. Then they wonder the reason there's 20 at a game there. No marketing. CeeBees are miles ahead of everyone including the league when it comes to marketing or getting information out to fans. I'm wondering was the schedule the AESHL even correct now. Odd for Shore to play Saturday at home.
I've been thinking the same thing over the last few years. Barley anyone on the Avalon, with such a big population, even knows about senior hockey games.

The league could do a much better job with marketing and advertising.

madness

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:26 pm

I agree 100%-123 The only time you hear anything about the aeshl is when paddy mentions it on open line. They are always complaining about lack of fans. They better get on the ball next year. They should do the following

1. Make it mandatory for each team to have an up to date Facebook and twitter page. Just look them up the team's don't post and if they have they are outdated. Social Media is a powerful tool.

2. League should be paying for some marketing for all teams. Do some marketing to draw in some fans next year with icecaps gone

3. Change the times teams play, Monday night in the goulds is not a good time. The Caps need out of the goulds and move to feildian gardens, capital Hyundai, or twin rinks. Perhaps they draw a few fans.

just my opinion

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 pm

I agree with you madness

canonball

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:54 pm

What's wrong buys , no one interested in what happens in a beer league

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 pm

canonball wrote:What's wrong buys , no one interested in what happens in a beer league
Lol good one, King Nothing, just like your soon to be nothing league. End of the line. That's all folks. Nothing left to do but the crying. Nana nana, nana nana, hey hey good bye. They're going home! Can you imagine? They're going home. It's a tragedy for me to say the dream is over. You get my drift.

Tomcod

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:00 am

Hey Cannon , great fishing lol.. stay tuned..

• Information