Resurrection of the WCSHL

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
NL player 89
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Should look into it then lol

Unidentified Source

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Off to a good start in DL again I see! I've heard something similar to be honest. I just hope people keep a level head about this and stick to what the league was meant for. The league schedule is only 3 weeks to judge if there's players/fans to sustain it. It's like an extended exhibition series in my mind, so what's even the point to get on like that? Old ways die hard I guess!

NL player 89

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Apparently final rosters have to be in soon. Anyone potential names being thrown around? Still hearing Hynes name popping up around DL

Crackerjack

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:04 pm

The Port aux Basques Mariners have announced several signings on their Facebook page, so probably start there. I am not aware of any names being announced for the other 3 clubs.

Unidentified Source

Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Pretty sure February 10th is the deadline to sign players, so they should be done by now. Can't see Hynes playing for two reasons... one is the new league rule someone mentioned that a CWSHL player has to sit a year before coming into this new WCSHL league and the second is that he'd be on the Flyers roster for Feb. 10 and he can't be on two rosters at the same time. At least I can't see it working. I just hope the league is balanced.

Crackerjack

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:09 pm

The February 10th deadline was put in place by HNL but has since been waived.

RKP49

Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Anything imposed by HNL is doomed to be screwed up. There are not enough good quality hockey players out there to make this work. Any player from the East coast who may want to play will need a financial incentive to travel west. How will Clarenville, Grand Falls and Gander fit into all of this.

REMEMBER: If you always do what you always did; you will always get what you always got.

DaNewf

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 pm

NL player 89 wrote:Here is the Schedule one of my buddy's sent me........

March 10th Royals @ Mariners. Jets @ Wings
March 11th Mariners @ Royals. Wings @ Jets
March 17th Royals @ Wings. Mariners @ Jets
March 18th Jets @ Royals. Wings @ Mariners
March 24th Jets @ Mariners. Wings @ Royals
March 25th Royals @ Jets. Mariners @ Wings

Don't know if this is set in stone yet or not
hey thought id post an update to this. first game of the schedule is Sat. Mar4 Corner Brook @ Deer Lake
Last edited by DaNewf on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

timbits

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:05 am

Seeing that PAB is signing players from Bishops Falls and Grand Falls. You mean to tell me these guys aren't getting some type of incentive to give up their weekends to travel across the island in winter weather to play hockey? Not likely! I know a couple of the guys and they wouldn't be doing this for free, already heard rumors that they're getting some sort of payment. The no paid players is already a crock of sh*t! No one is travelling to PAB from central in the crappy winter weather they get to play hockey for free I can guarantee you that..

Jetsfan94

Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:24 pm

timbits wrote:Seeing that PAB is signing players from Bishops Falls and Grand Falls. You mean to tell me these guys aren't getting some type of incentive to give up their weekends to travel across the island in winter weather to play hockey? Not likely! I know a couple of the guys and they wouldn't be doing this for free, already heard rumors that they're getting some sort of payment. The no paid players is already a crock of sh*t! No one is travelling to PAB from central in the crappy winter weather they get to play hockey for free I can guarantee you that..
I don't understand this either timbits. From the information given at the press conference yesterday, we were told it was going to be a local league with each team having an area they could draw players from. Now PAB can add players from Grand Falls and Bishops Falls and this is allowed ? And it is hard to believe these players are giving up their weekend to travel a long distance to play hockey with no incentive.

• Information