Players From Community

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
top cheese
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 am

Theres no real fair way that you can solve clubs signing players from outside their community.

I think the best way to deal with it is for players to first have to play with there local team (community they reside); where they registered for youth/junior hockey. if the local team doesn't want them they should look elsewhere.

The reality is that this league will be successful under the conditions it is under now. As it progresses and money and sponsors start to come in things will go back to the way it has been for the past 20 years. Teams wont be able to manage themselves.

Mysterious Unicorn

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 pm

top cheese wrote:Theres no real fair way that you can solve clubs signing players from outside their community.

I think the best way to deal with it is for players to first have to play with there local team (community they reside); where they registered for youth/junior hockey. if the local team doesn't want them they should look elsewhere.

The reality is that this league will be successful under the conditions it is under now. As it progresses and money and sponsors start to come in things will go back to the way it has been for the past 20 years. Teams wont be able to manage themselves.

It has to go back to the way it was. In Deer Lake how many people were at the game? And they all payed $8 a person and the players apparently got $0. How fair is that? If next year they play a full season the players will have to get their cut. If they are going to get sell outs or close to sell outs, why would anyone put their body on the line for nothing while whoever own the team rakes in the money.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:49 pm

royals hockey wrote:Oh trust me if I were to have more free times on my hand I would of have attempted to get involve somehow and help out with the social media side of the organization to help promote it and get more fans informed and interested in the royals instead of being left out in the dark. This being new should not have been an excuse, if deer lake, Port aux basque and stephenville could find someone to do it we should of had someone be doing this too.
I agree. Always seem like Corner Brook is behind the times when it comes to social media.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:54 pm

top cheese wrote:Theres no real fair way that you can solve clubs signing players from outside their community.

I believe, like the AESHL, this league will be successful. The key to success is having smart, intelligent people in charge. The AESHL has that in place :ymapplause: I'm sure the WCSHL will have them in place too and have success. Good luck!!

top cheese

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:05 pm

depends on the definition of success.....and honestly senior hockey hasn't figured out what that is yet and probably never will.

AESHL have an executive in charge I wouldn't refer to them in that manner many still look to help there own teams first. A lot more executive variables to deal with on the west coast.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:51 am

Good luck to the teams this weekend!!

Swiv

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:00 am

Royals2017 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:58 pm
Exactly Unicorn, as coach I just find it rather funny that because I am of the mindset that if you don't want to play with us then go ahead and play with Deer Lake or Port aux Basques, but if I wanted to be a real pr*** I could have denied a lot of these guys a game of hockey. I really don't care if any of them play with us but I guarantee that if we came in with a strong team and had 1 player from another community they would be screaming blue murder. I understand that players have buddies and they want to play with them, but there was not one call made to us from Deer Lake or Port aux Basques to ask if we had any interest in these players. This was obviously communicated to the leaders of each team but it is obvious it was on deaf ears. In the fall this should be a major point of contention if they want to make this viable. Good luck.
What the **** are you smoking bud

• Information