Back in the Saddle

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:58 pm

It's interesting to see two familiar names now as part of the executive of The St. John's Juniorf Hockey League. Jim Hair is the league's vice-president this year. George Bursell is staying on as president. Carl Lake is also looking after public relations this year. Gerry Taylor is the statistician.Cathy Doyle is the secretary Stephen Clarke is the director of minor officials. Wayne Clarke is a league director. This year will see eight teams skating again . Its a great league that gives a good game of hockey to young men.It develops players but it also is a great game of hockey. It is in sound financial shape and has last year begun streaming a " game of the week". Hockey on the Avalon is in good hands.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:It's interesting to see two familiar names now as part of the executive of The St. John's Juniorf Hockey League. Jim Hair is the league's vice-president this year. George Bursell is staying on as president. Carl Lake is also looking after public relations this year. Gerry Taylor is the statistician.Cathy Doyle is the secretary Stephen Clarke is the director of minor officials. Wayne Clarke is a league director. This year will see eight teams skating again . Its a great league that gives a good game of hockey to young men.It develops players but it also is a great game of hockey. It is in sound financial shape and has last year begun streaming a " game of the week". Hockey on the Avalon is in good hands.
Indeed. The SJJHL is in safe hands. They, like the AESHL, have very smart intelligent and hard working people involved...and that is the key to success.

catfan

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Isn't this the cwshl forum! There is a forum for the St. John's Jr. Hockey league!

Hockey Eyes

Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:30 am

catfan wrote:Isn't this the cwshl forum! There is a forum for the St. John's Jr. Hockey league!
There hasn't been a post on this site in a month and a day! My post is about St. John's hockey but both Jim Haire and and well known hockey commentator Carl Lake are part of it. It isn't like I'm hogging up computer space.
Catsfan suspect your post is about more than where a post about junior hockey should be. There seems to be a frustration that is boiling up and is directed at me. I didn't keep the Cats out of the Herder and I didn't deliver the cup to the CeeBees.
I just like hockey and I like to see it run right and when I see could people come forward to serve in volunteer positions it makes me feel good. I like junior hockey on the Avalon. It a real community based league.Conception Bay North and South and the Southern Shore and Placentia and Whitbourne and St. John's and Torbay and it is what hockey is all about really .

catfan

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 am

Post it on the proper forum. There are no avalon teams in the cwshl.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:02 pm

catfan wrote:Post it on the proper forum. There are no avalon teams in the cwshl.
The interesting question is: Come Fall 2017, how many teams will be in the CWSHL?

canonball

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:53 pm

I guess that you will have to wait and see ,we all know what you would like . By the way caftan is right ,there is a site for the junior league like there is one for the beer league (aeshl )

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:11 am

canonball wrote:I guess that you will have to wait and see ,we all know what you would like . By the way caftan is right ,there is a site for the junior league like there is one for the beer league (aeshl )
AESHL (beer league). Lol, sure the AESHL is home to the current Herder Champions.

AEfan

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:49 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
catfan wrote:Isn't this the cwshl forum! There is a forum for the St. John's Jr. Hockey league!
There hasn't been a post on this site in a month and a day! My post is about St. John's hockey but both Jim Haire and and well known hockey commentator Carl Lake are part of it. It isn't like I'm hogging up computer space.
Catsfan suspect your post is about more than where a post about junior hockey should be. There seems to be a frustration that is boiling up and is directed at me. I didn't keep the Cats out of the Herder and I didn't deliver the cup to the CeeBees.
I just like hockey and I like to see it run right and when I see could people come forward to serve in volunteer positions it makes me feel good. I like junior hockey on the Avalon. It a real community based league.Conception Bay North and South and the Southern Shore and Placentia and Whitbourne and St. John's and Torbay and it is what hockey is all about really .
Nice mention of yourself Carl..., er I mean Hockey Eyes

• Information