2017-2018 West Coast Season

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
NLHockeyTalk.ca

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 am

Anyone have any ideas as to when the season will start?

Also, what about the rumours of other hockey teams wanting to join this league? I've heard rumours of one from the Northern Peninsula ... would make for some interesting travel scenarios if that's the case.

Unidentified Source
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 am

From what I've heard, which isn't much, it's the same 4 teams and the league starts mid November. Apparently they're going with a 18 game schedule, plus playoffs. That's a lot of hockey! I think they're keeping the Friday-Saturday type schedule with each team getting one home game each weekend. That did work well last season.

Unidentified Source

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 am

Not hearing any good things lately.
Last edited by Unidentified Source on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm

I saw your post and first of all I've never seen a game from your league. Having said that having a strong hand at the tiller that is trying to keep the teams even in terms of strength is a good idea. Also Andy Brake is the right person for that operation. His fingerprints are all over the league and ... how did it work out last year ? Looks like you guys are on your way to a good league with long term prospects.
Keeping the teams competitive is an important part of that . Just an opinion

Unidentified Source

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:32 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 pm
... having a strong hand at the tiller that is trying to keep the teams even in terms of strength is a good idea.

His fingerprints are all over the league and ... how did it work out last year ?
The league needs to bring in an outside President that can be a neutral/rational leader!
Last edited by Unidentified Source on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 pm

You are a lot closer to the situation than I am so I defer to your superior knowledge on the nuts and bolts of the issue . I know Brake as " a good hockey man" the same way Joe Maynard is here in the east or Ivan Hapgood in Clarenville.
I hope everything works out for your league . I will definately make a trip out this winter. I hear great reviews about your league and the caller and the attendance ...

goboosgo

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 pm
You are a lot closer to the situation than I am so I defer to your superior knowledge on the nuts and bolts of the issue . I know Brake as " a good hockey man" the same way Joe Maynard is here in the east or Ivan Hapgood in Clarenville.
I hope everything works out for your league . I will definately make a trip out this winter. I hear great reviews about your league and the caller and the attendance ...
That has to be the joke of the century "Joe Maynard being a good hockey man". He may be good for Torbay but he'll certainly do what is necessary to screw any team other that Torbay.

mr.hockey

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 pm

I really don't know Joe Maynard ...I hear people compliment him and i hear people tare him down....But i do know this as a former player and long time coach that nl hockey isnt very well organized...we could have had at least 9 teams in one good league this year if we would have put our differences aside...if we could only swallow our pride and move forward...We could have had...Mount pearl blades , caps, breakers,eagles,blues , ceebees , caribous, flyers and catarasts all in one big healthy strong league and with as many teams it would be less travel but a good schedule to suit everyone....Seriously and if you love or hate the present people there is no denying that hockey will not move forward with those people...im sure they have done lots of good but really though isnt it time for a change and time to grow hockey in nl...We are the laughing stock of the country when it comes to senior hockey...id say let it be done forget our pride and get new people in place and lets work together for the growth of the game ...if you disagree you can't really be a hockey fan...i challenge you not to put your favorite team first ..put nl hockey first..look at how it could look.
1. North east eagles
2. Mount pearl blades
3. Southern shore breakers
4. Bell island blues
5. Con.bay ceebees
6. Clarenville caribous
7. Gander flyers.
8. Grand falls cataracts

you tell me honestly that dont look better then 3 and 4 team failing leagues...

timbits

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm

mr. hockey you are posting in the WCSHL and did not once even mention any of the teams from this league. Don't forget about them, it wouldn't take much, maybe even nothing, for this league to be competitive with the east league & even the Central league. I would love to see two leagues, 6 teams in each league with the winner from each league facing off for the herder. But I doubt it will ever happen. I would love to head to the joe & see PAB, Stephenville, CB & DL playing I must say. Not sure of your idea there but you have to at least mention this WCSHL as they are trying hard to have a successful league & are not far behind the other leagues IMO.

• Information