2018 Herder/Allan Cup qualifying

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
dtalbot
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:01 am

Any word on what will be the format for the 2018 Herder? From what I am reading the only case I see being possible is Central/West and East Coast meeting for the Herder with the Avalon East being left out (if they are even able to get the league going again).

It would be nice if they could have the four senior leagues paired off as West Coast vs Central/West and Avalon East vs East Coast in semifinals and the winners meeting in the final with both rounds being best-of-five having the first week end being in one rink on Friday and Saturday nights and the second week end at the other rink on Friday and Saturday night and Sunday afternoon if needed. Would some teams get killed by the roster restrictions.. perhaps but that is why they play the games. (I don't see the Avalon East champ playing the East Coast Winner especially if it is Harbour Grace.)

And is there any word on the Allan Cup qualifier rep for the province? It was listed on the Allancup.ca website that Clarenville would probably be the rep if the Central West league played this year as they were Herder runners-up last year and that Grand Falls-Windsor was registered just in case due to Harbour Grace declining the Allan Cup qualifier spot.

dtalbot
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 am

So much for the Allan Cup!?!

• Information