Breaking: No Senior Hockey this Winter

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLHockeyInsider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Well folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have it on very good authority that the ECSHL will not operate this year due to losing their appeal to Hockey Canada and not willing to accept a Cee Bees team into their league.

Teams will be notified shortly.

Looks like we may not have any senior hockey in the province (depending on what happens with the WCSHL, but that doesn’t look promising) this winter.

Wow.

Stadium Fries

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:42 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:03 pm
Well folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have it on very good authority that the ECSHL will not operate this year due to losing their appeal to Hockey Canada and not willing to accept a Cee Bees team into their league.

Teams will be notified shortly.

Looks like we may not have any senior hockey in the province (depending on what happens with the WCSHL, but that doesn’t look promising) this winter.

Wow.

Makes sense to me. You got a league that refuses to allow a local team play ... the Cee Bees, but with open arms allows the Caribous to play when they continue to pay players. Even flying a player in from the mainland and the remaining teams paying players.
Looks good on that league who’s fans are constantly here on this site crapping on the two remaining Central teams for doing exactly the same.
Caribou’s should have never been allowed to move to the East league at the demise of the Central West league and the East coast league should not be allowed to ban a team from their area from their league.
I always said HNL stands for Hockey No Longer but in this case I agree.

#1BousFan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:47 pm

If the teams don't want the Ceebees then they don't have to have them, They were kicked out for a reason, Hockey Canada is afraid to overrule Jack Lee & his clowns, I figured they would be the demise of Senior Hockey, Why don't they stick the Ceebees in the Central West, I heard they wanted to apply to that league so let them in there
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Stadium Fries

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:44 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:47 pm
If the teams don't want the Ceebees then they don't have to have them, They were kicked out for a reason, Hockey Canada is afraid to overrule Jack Lee & his clowns, I figured they would be the demise of Senior Hockey, Why don't they stick the Ceebees in the Central West, I heard they wanted to apply to that league so let them in there
Cee Bees and Caribou’s to Central West would save both leagues. Other than that shut it all down. Imagine Jack going against the Caribous......who would of thought.

Ivan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Stadium Fries. Caribous leaving CWSHL was no different than what Royal or Wings done, we had no choice and whether we got accepted in the East or not we would not of returned to CWSHL. If HNL were to tell me tommorrow we had to return to CWSHL we would shut it down, plain and simple. We took the only option that was available to us to keep hockey in Clarenville. I would love for the Cats and Flyers to have another team or 2 in their league so they could have hockey, but it can't be us. As for the initial report that a ruling has been made I beg to differ and I will leave the rest to rumor.

ECSHLFan2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Ivan wrote:
Stadium Fries. Caribous leaving CWSHL was no different than what Royal or Wings done, we had no choice and whether we got accepted in the East or not we would not of returned to CWSHL. If HNL were to tell me tommorrow we had to return to CWSHL we would shut it down, plain and simple. We took the only option that was available to us to keep hockey in Clarenville. I would love for the Cats and Flyers to have another team or 2 in their league so they could have hockey, but it can't be us. As for the initial report that a ruling has been made I beg to differ and I will leave the rest to rumor.
Well said Ivan. This just further reinforces the fact that no other organizations want anything to do with the Cats and Flyers under their current operating model. If they had of made changes a few years ago and scaled back their spending they probably wouldn’t be in the predicament they are in today. I truly believe the Cats have destroyed senior hockey for all of us if the above is true. What a shame if there is no senior hockey this winter.

Stadium Fries

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm

ECSHLFan2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:06 pm
Ivan wrote:
Well said Ivan. This just further reinforces the fact that no other organizations want anything to do with the Cats and Flyers under their current operating model. If they had of made changes a few years ago and scaled back their spending they probably wouldn’t be in the predicament they are in today. I truly believe the Cats have destroyed senior hockey for all of us if the above is true. What a shame if there is no senior hockey this winter.
The decision by the cry babies in the East Coast league not allowing the Cee Bees into their league is what is at issue now according to the initial comment. It has nothing to do with the Cats. How can you blame the Cats on your leagues decision to block the Cee Bees once again.

Sr Hockey Fan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 pm

I agree Stadium Fries. East Coast League shouldn't get to decide who plays. To let Caribous play and not the CeeBees is wrong. As much as I hate seeing no hockey this season, I think this was the right decision by Hockey Canada and HNL.

Sr Hockey Fan

Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:08 pm

For god sakes ECSHLFan2019 get over blaming everything on the Cats.

canonball

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

We all know why the CB’s were kicked out of the league and it wasn’t all because of paid players .I can remember when the bous were not allowed in the league .like nothing better than to see the bous back into the west league as before but that day has gone and we did see some good hockey last year and hope to see some hockey again this year . By the way the CB’s exc..are to blame for them not in the east league

• Information