Bussy & Paul

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
aseyeseesit
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Sorry ,Lionsden, i added the note re "Rule" issue for BousFan inquiry...
As to Bussey's release, I do not know personally that the Cats actually signed a release for Bussey, but I do know that the Executive did get a request for a release, awhile ago now from Bussey for release. I believe my comment on the subject was a reasonable comment -( not official )- that the Cataracts would release him, since he apparently wanted to stay near home and such a request would indicate that he did not want to play for the Cats this year, if he was looking to play out east ...
I suppose if the Cats wanted to directly clarify the answer for the questions being asked in public about Bussey and being discussed on this forum here, they could,(maybe should), clarify the situation, particularly now that Bussey has actually played a game for the Eagles last weekend.

Flyer24

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am

Brandon Hynes was also listed on the Corner Brook Royals roster.

Oh just a fan

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Seen that too. I would assume you’ll see Simm’s name there as well. Can’t blame them really, if they really want to play hockey they aren’t going to sit around and wait for a league to start up.

I know Cantwell, Byrne will play somewhere in the Central League, my guess would be Triton. Oake and Fitzpatrick play for Lewisporte, I think it’s Fitzpatrick anyways. Tall D. You’ll see some more players, play in this league as the season goes on too.

titan

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 am

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 pm
I do not know about Paul, but I was told that Bussey wanted to stay home and play with the Eagles, and the Cats approved his request and released him...
By rule no player on a teams' protected list can play for another team, no matter a different League, UNLESS he gets a release first from the team he is listed with,... which is Bussey's case.
I'd bet money that Paul - if he was still on Gander's roster/protected list - is playing on a new team with permission/release.
You're lucky nobody took you up on your bet.

• Information