Bussy & Paul

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 pm

It's beyond time for HNL to get control of this mess. Teams are breaking rules all over the place with no apparent consequences. Everybody just seems to be doing whatever they damn well please with no regard for the rules. Senior Hockey had passed being a joke to being a total disgrace and embarrassment. C'mon HNL, show some backbone and leadership.

aseyeseesit

Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 pm

I do not know about Paul, but I was told that Bussey wanted to stay home and play with the Eagles, and the Cats approved his request and released him...
By rule no player on a teams' protected list can play for another team, no matter a different League, UNLESS he gets a release first from the team he is listed with,... which is Bussey's case.
I'd bet money that Paul - if he was still on Gander's roster/protected list - is playing on a new team with permission/release.

Flyer24

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:50 am

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:17 am
I wouldn't be so sure you'll Whiffen In CBN this season. That's if the Cats end up playing. He's not going there for free. And as bad and greasy as the Cee Bees are, would they really try and hide paying someone again? So soon? .... Be gutsy.
This was a good chuckle.

thelionsden

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:01 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:12 pm
I do not know about Paul, but I was told that Bussey wanted to stay home and play with the Eagles, and the Cats approved his request and released him...
By rule no player on a teams' protected list can play for another team, no matter a different League, UNLESS he gets a release first from the team he is listed with,... which is Bussey's case.
I'd bet money that Paul - if he was still on Gander's roster/protected list - is playing on a new team with permission/release.
Are you sure this is Correct about Bussey being released?

royalcat

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Don't think anyone knows cause the Cat's are not posting anything about the hockey this year.Not showing much respect for their fans.Before you say anything yes they can have the respect to keep their fans up dated.Don't see their season passes going over well after this .

#1BousFan

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:11 pm

If either one wasn't released & they played in the game which they did then they would be illegal players then the Bous would get the 2 points, Would they have to protest the game to get HNL to review the claim or Can the Cats contact them & they check it out & reward the Caribous the 2 points? Can't remember how it works
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

aseyeseesit

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Yes, on Bussey playing out east, I am pretty sure he is 'legally' playing ... it was an item of consideration by the Cats awhile ago now...
As to Cats fans and Holding Seat sales, I am confident that the core fans - some 400-500 will be excited to buy tickets and see some competitive hockey, if the Cats and Flyers actually get teams to play - hopefully the CeeBees ... and, possibly Corner Brook.
I hear the 'talks' with HNL are still hot and ongoing. So, any day the Cats,(and Flyers), organization will be able to post and announce all details once in place. It is frustrating to have no concrete answers on the 'state' of things, but that is just the reality, it seems ...

aseyeseesit

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 pm

The Rule,(btw,) on ineligible players is in HNL Regulations 107 and 115.
1. "Title" to player on a team's roster/protected list, per Reg.107, remains in that player's team unless he is released by that team ... 2. A player is considered an ineligible player for another team unless officially released, and HNL is authorized in Reg.115 to review any request to them by any team to check a player's eligibility. If a team, after review, is found to have used an ineligible player any points gotten by a team using such player are automatically forfeited per Reg.107; and, also further discipline(?) can be imposed...

thelionsden

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm aware of the rule and how it works, What i'm not clear on is, Was Bussey "RELEASED OFFCIALLY" by the Cataracts and signed to the team out east. Pretty Sure and 100% sure are 2 different answers.

#1BousFan

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:47 pm

thelionsden wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:12 pm
I'm aware of the rule and how it works, What i'm not clear on is, Was Bussey "RELEASED OFFCIALLY" by the Cataracts and signed to the team out east. Pretty Sure and 100% sure are 2 different answers.
I think he put it there for me
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

• Information