The Blame Game

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLHockeyInsider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Well I see that the Gander Flyers have taken to Facebook to play the blame game. According to them, lots of blame to go around between HNL, the ECSHL, the Cee Bees, and the WCSHL.

Maybe if they took a step back and realized no other team wants to work them or the Cataracts (and there are currently 9 other senior teams in the province at the moment) then they would really see who is to blame here and that would be themselves. Icing expensive semi-pro teams was not in anyone’s best interest and clearly not sustainable in the long term (All you have to do is look at the Clarenville Caribous who just a few years ago were the prime example of this).

All the other teams and leagues want is a level playing field and they weren’t going to get that by playing interlocking with the current versions of the Flyers and Cataracts. We’ve had the same 3 teams win the Herder in the past 15 years, it’s time for change and that’s what we have now with 1 league already started their season and the other league about to start this weekend.

The Flyers and Cataracts can cry all they want on social media blaming everyone else but I’m not buying it and I hope any level headed unbiased individual looking in from the outside is also not buying it. They made their bed and now it’s time to lie in it.

royalcat

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Blame who you want,but what are these guys playing for this year?No Herder.Do you think it is the Cat’s or Flyer’s fault?Just because they have the means and support to run their teams the way they do .All the other teams can do the same if they put the time and leg won’t into it all year too.I watched the Blues play this weekend and with that team they have they could beat the Cat’s or Flyer’s no problem .So there is an even field there.The problem is you guys out east are not paying your players as much as these teams are for traveling.Maybe if the east up the pay they maybe willing to travel.It is what it is now NO HERDER this year.I hope I can keep seeing the hockey I saw this weekend pass Christmas.

srhockeyfan14

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:16 pm

If what the Fylers statement says is true, someone will be lying in a bed soon enough. Someone is going to be held accountable for their actions, and it ain't going to be pretty.
If that's the kind of corrupt management this league wants - theres no place for senior hockey in this province.

royalcat

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:18 pm

The east will be paying more money now for the Cat’s and Flyer’s players who are available now.

Flyer24

Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:51 pm

It's already started Royal Cat. Wait until you see the Ceebees roster!!!

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Flyer24 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:51 pm
It's already started Royal Cat. Wait until you see the Ceebees roster!!!
They have one notable player on their roster that played in the CWSHL last season - Brett Shute. They posted their roster on Facebook.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:36 pm

CeeBees lineup for tonight ..
2019-20 CeeBee Stars Roster, as of Nov 22

Matthew Thomey, Harbour Grace
Brett Shute, Harbour Grace
Daniel Sparkes, Harbour Grace
Steven Greeley, Upper Island Cove
Cody Batten, Port de Grave
Brad Budden, Placentia
Jesse Morris,Salmon Cove
Brad Bishop, Upper Island Cove
Ryan Dawson, Bay Roberts
Mike Mason, Gander
Mitch Lewis, Lewisporte
Brandon Mercer, Upper Island Cove
Zack Quinlan, Harbour Grace
Rob Taylor, Carbonear
Christian Dawe, Bay Roberts
Josh Neil, Harbour Grace
Brian Greeley, Upper Island Cove

Goalies
Riley Ackerman, Bay Roberts
Doug Jewer, St. John’s
Max Barrett, Carbonear

Coach
Brian Cranford, New Harbour
___________---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cranford is a great coach. Used to handle the Blades...

Oh just a fan

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:38 pm

How’d they get Jewer in net?

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:38 pm
How’d they get Jewer in net?
Pretty sure he played with them before.

Oh just a fan

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:18 pm

Thought he was with the Caps in years past. I could be wrong.

• Information