Lidstrom Heads West ...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:55 pm

You forgot Scotty Cantwell from that Cats roster who’s a local. But you’re right it’s still half their team.

aseyeseesit

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm

FYI: The Mariners have not played a game yet in WCSHL... and Lindstrom on roster is still rumour until it is a fact he is there in an actual game. Speaking of rumours, the big one circulating in central concerns the very Mariners, that they may not be icing a team ... the WCSHL itself may be in jeopardy.
Also, here in central there is an intermediate senior team - the GFW Blades - with a roster of 25 local players as one of 6 teams stretching from Triton to Twillingate... That League has been vibrant and entertaining for a decade!

AEfan

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:21 am

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm
AEfan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:46 am
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:47 am

Brennan was rumoured to be joining the Shore, not the Eagles. The Breakers own his rights as he is from the Gould’s.
Confirmed
Rumor confirmed or are you confirming he will be suiting up with the Breakers?
Apologies. Will be in a Breakers uniform next weekend I believe

Insider

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 am
I doubt you'll see Lindstrom in a Mariners jersey now that the Cataracts will be playing. Not sure about Simms. We'll see. I'm told Bussey wanted to stay in the east this year due to work so I'm guessing he'll stay there. I don't know of any other players considering leaving to play elsewhere.
its blatantly obvious your are from grand falls and its laughable that you think Lindstrom won't play in PAB. I am not from that area but I have heard he was gonna play Friday until it was cancelled due to weather.

with regards with the cataracts and flyers they are just holding onto a slim hope to save a hopeless season.

for them to play with 2 teams with "hopes" of a 3rd makes absolutely no sense.. they shud regroup, get rid of paying players ( lots of talent in central to ice a competitive team ) and then maybe the ECSHL will want to play with them.

I caught a Mariners/Royals game last season in Corner Brook and they had 1700 plus fans watching an excellent passionate game of hockey.. best game i seen live all season.

I also caught the Herder final which played in front on 900 fans and was like watching a fast paced game of shinny, granted at a high skill level.

Its time for the central teams to realize watching local talent trumps paying former pros and once they switch to a more local league, the fans in those centers will understand what they have been missing.

Heres to hoping hockey stays viable for all centers across Newfoundland moving forward.

Oh just a fan

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:07 pm

Been saying it for years. Your league has fighting too, which also puts bums in the seats.

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:23 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
FYI: The Mariners have not played a game yet in WCSHL... and Lindstrom on roster is still rumour until it is a fact he is there in an actual game. Speaking of rumours, the big one circulating in central concerns the very Mariners, that they may not be icing a team ... the WCSHL itself may be in jeopardy.
Also, here in central there is an intermediate senior team - the GFW Blades - with a roster of 25 local players as one of 6 teams stretching from Triton to Twillingate... That League has been vibrant and entertaining for a decade!
Huge rumour out of the central that the Mariners will be folding even though they’re playing two games this weekend :roll:
:roll:

Tomcod

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Insider wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:23 am
I doubt you'll see Lindstrom in a Mariners jersey now that the Cataracts will be playing. Not sure about Simms. We'll see. I'm told Bussey wanted to stay in the east this year due to work so I'm guessing he'll stay there. I don't know of any other players considering leaving to play elsewhere.
its blatantly obvious your are from grand falls and its laughable that you think Lindstrom won't play in PAB. I am not from that area but I have heard he was gonna play Friday until it was cancelled due to weather.

with regards with the cataracts and flyers they are just holding onto a slim hope to save a hopeless season.

for them to play with 2 teams with "hopes" of a 3rd makes absolutely no sense.. they shud regroup, get rid of paying players ( lots of talent in central to ice a competitive team ) and then maybe the ECSHL will want to play with them.

I caught a Mariners/Royals game last season in Corner Brook and they had 1700 plus fans watching an excellent passionate game of hockey.. best game i seen live all season.

I also caught the Herder final which played in front on 900 fans and was like watching a fast paced game of shinny, granted at a high skill level.

Its time for the central teams to realize watching local talent trumps paying former pros and once they switch to a more local league, the fans in those centers will understand what they have been missing.

Heres to hoping hockey stays viable for all centers across Newfoundland moving forward.
That's why all the fans are showing up to the games out east lol .. stay tuned ..

wingsdiehard

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:01 am

Mariners were clobbered last night by the royals 13-3. It was 7-0 mid way through the first and they slacked off I’m told. Also heard CB had a short bench, no hynes, Gilliard, Guy.

DL is there tonight so it will ugly again, especially if DL has a full squad.

I’m thinking PAB days are numbered. Will we see DL or CB join the central then? Maybe both? I seen the first game of the season in CB and these 2 teams are not far off the caliber of the central league if each team can find a good goalie.

Oh just a fan

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Dyke play in net for the Royals? He used to be a solid goalie. Also maybe DL could get Tyler Whiffen, noticed he hasn’t played for the Caribou’s yet. Be a good starting point. Plus let DL keep Simms. Let CB keep Hynes both Gander and the Cats lose good players and the other teams gain. Making the playing field more even. I know this is all speculation but screw it. Nothing else to talk about.

aseyeseesit

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:38 pm

BTW Lindstrom was not on the Mariners team list for last night's slaughter by CB...
He is playing with the Cats.

• Information