THE CATS ARE BACK!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
GeorgeScott
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm

I've been asked to post this on behalf of the Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts Executive

The Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts are excited to announce to our fans that there will be Senior Hockey in Central Newfoundland this season. The Cataracts and the Gander Flyers have mutually agreed to enter into a competition starting this coming January with the possibility of a third team being involved as well. The plan is to play a 12-game regular season followed by further playoffs. Additional details will be made available as soon they become finalized. The Cataracts organization recognizes that many fans would prefer a situation where there was regular competition between multiple teams but unfortunately such a situation could not be negotiated for this season. The alternative to what is being announced is that both teams would have had to shut down operations this season with the possibility of being able to restart next season or any time in the foreseeable future highly unlikely. We hope this measure shows our strong commitment to keeping the Cataracts and Senior Hockey alive for now and into the future. All the team’s current players have been contacted with the vast majority willing to suit up for the Cataracts again in January. Over the next few days and weeks we will make further announcements on the schedule, tickets and other specifics. We look forward to welcoming all our fans back to the Joe after Christmas. GO CATS GO!!

GenoSniper

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:34 pm

We all love hockey but in my opinion what a waste of time! Players are after committing to other teams, fans have accepted the fact there was no hockey now to start a back up let the Blades have the ice time they deserve it!

aseyeseesit

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 pm

This is great news... even at this late date this is important so as to send yet another message to the east - to say nothing of our faithful , deserving fans - that our central teams and our fans are for real and we all want hockey. And, though the east teams really do want us to 'die' and fold so they can take back their "Avalon players" that we have needed and used over these last years, we appreciate all that all our players( from east and central and in-between) have given to our communities and loyal fans!
Maybe now the east teams ,(and even CB or DL in the west), will find a way to participate with us.... and we can keep the HERDER provincial competition alive!

PS The Central Intermediate Blades will still keep in tact and be competitive with the other 5 Central Intermediate teams. Having the Cats back will not interfere with the great foundation of the Blades ... Go Blades! Go Cats!

GenoSniper

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:09 pm

It will certainly affect the blades! Im sure the blades won’t have the Saturday night ice time with the cats back. Maybe the cats will work around the blades schedule. Also I’m sure they would have pick up more fans if the cats didn’t play.

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 pm

GenoSniper wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:09 pm
It will certainly affect the blades! Im sure the blades won’t have the Saturday night ice time with the cats back. Maybe the cats will work around the blades schedule. Also I’m sure they would have pick up more fans if the cats didn’t play.
You know as well as I do the Cataracts will get the prime ice time. The town of GFW has to protect their investment and give the Cats preferential treatment.

Seniorfan

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:51 pm

What a shock. The self proclaimed "insider" commenting on something he doesn't have a effing clue about.

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:55 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
What a shock. The self proclaimed "insider" commenting on something he doesn't have a effing clue about.
I don’t think I’m wrong on either count.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Seems odd but give it a chance.

Seniorfan

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:09 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
"I don't think" "I'm wrong ". You should have just stopped there.
You're wrong on pretty much everything you comment on. Just admit that you have absolutely no knowledge of how ice time is allocated in GFW and move on. It's not something you know anything about.

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:09 pm
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
"I don't think" "I'm wrong ". You should have just stopped there.
You're wrong on pretty much everything you comment on. Just admit that you have absolutely no knowledge of how ice time is allocated in GFW and move on. It's not something you know anything about.
Im confident in saying the Cataracts will be given the prime Saturday night spot and to hell with the Blades.

• Information