THE CATS ARE BACK!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Has Bobby Inder played yet? Because like you’ve said the league doesn’t update the site very well.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Yes he played when I was at the Caps game home to Clarenville Friday past. (Unless there’s a second Inder).

The Bottom Line

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:43 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm
The Bottom Line wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:51 pm
Insider wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm

u obviously got me confused with some one else.. my first posts in a few years lol.. i must have a familiar name.. u guys do indeed need hockey NL permission to play for the Herder so if u guys wanna pay guys to play the same team 12 times be my guest.. the fans won't support it.. cuz it suckx.

Wrong again. More immaturity or jealousy. Fact is, the fans will support the flyers and cats and when either of them take on the ceebees for the herder, support will be strong then too. Fact!!
This post goes to show how little you know about our league. The Cee Bees haven’t won a game yet and don’t exactly have a strong line up so unless things change drastically for them between now and the end of the season they’re going to be fighting for last place with Northeast (who has beat them twice so far). In the East right now I can honestly see either of St. John’s, Southern Shore, CBS or Clarenville winning the league. I don’t know what the playoff format will be but if only 4 teams make the playoffs it’s highly likely it will be SJ, SS, CBS, and Clarenville. Too bad the ECSHL doesn’t do a better job of keeping the league website updated so people can see the actual standings.

As for the Central West given the players Gander has now lost (Shute, Paul, Hynes, Escott, and O’Keefe) they aren’t looking very strong all of a sudden so it might be a pretty lopsided 16 game series for the Cataracts.

Wrong again.... CeeBees win last night? They'll be fine. And I'm hearing the phones are ringing off the hook with players wanting to play with the cats and flyers. Easy pickings this year

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:09 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:

Wrong again. More immaturity or jealousy. Fact is, the fans will support the flyers and cats and when either of them take on the ceebees for the herder, support will be strong then too. Fact!!
This post goes to show how little you know about our league. The Cee Bees haven’t won a game yet and don’t exactly have a strong line up so unless things change drastically for them between now and the end of the season they’re going to be fighting for last place with Northeast (who has beat them twice so far). In the East right now I can honestly see either of St. John’s, Southern Shore, CBS or Clarenville winning the league. I don’t know what the playoff format will be but if only 4 teams make the playoffs it’s highly likely it will be SJ, SS, CBS, and Clarenville. Too bad the ECSHL doesn’t do a better job of keeping the league website updated so people can see the actual standings.

As for the Central West given the players Gander has now lost (Shute, Paul, Hynes, Escott, and O’Keefe) they aren’t looking very strong all of a sudden so it might be a pretty lopsided 16 game series for the Cataracts.

Wrong again.... CeeBees win last night? They'll be fine. And I'm hearing the phones are ringing off the hook with players wanting to play with the cats and flyers. Easy pickings this year
One win in four games. They won against a short handed Blues team last night. Let’s see how they do tonight before we declare them ECSHL champions.

Phone is ringing off the hook eh? If that’s the case then good for them. Let’s hope they’re not out stealing guys from other teams. Getting releases for those guys before the February 10th deadline won’t be easy either ;)

The Bottom Line

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:
NLHockeyInsider wrote:

One win in four games. They won against a short handed Blues team last night. Let’s see how they do tonight before we declare them ECSHL champions.

Phone is ringing off the hook eh? If that’s the case then good for them. Let’s hope they’re not out stealing guys from other teams. Getting releases for those guys before the February 10th deadline won’t be easy either ;)
Can't blame them for wanting to play with the best and to win a herder. Sniff, sniff

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:18 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:

Also, I hope they enjoy playing in a two team “league”. Gander and Grand Falls will be full of players from the Avalon once again this year. When will the day come when central can be self sufficient and not rely on our players to fill their teams and our tax dollars to keep their roads paved? Probably never.

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:20 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:16 pm
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:

Can't blame them for wanting to play with the best and to win a herder. Sniff, sniff
That’s okay I’ll just enjoy watching my defending champion pro team in a real league instead of watching your pathetic senior hockey team pumped full of money from the town to ensure they buy another Herder to have something to “brag” about to the rest of the province.

The Bottom Line

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:22 pm

:(( :(( :(( sniff, sniff.....

Oh just a fan

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Man you went like 3 posts in a row without being a fool. Was a short run, but nice for once. To bad I guess.

You keep talking about the players coming in here from the east. It’s been happening for years. They come here because it’s a hockey town that supports the team. During the week at Tim’s people talk to them like their a little higher up. Kids look up to them for some reason. It’s a nice feeling I would suppose. There’s more to it than money, but of course that don’t hurt. Thing is the league here has always been upfront and fans are aware the players are paid. They don’t care, they get why their paid. Only people with a problem are the people out east. For some reason they can’t stand that the teams in Central can do it and they can’t. Kinda sad to be honest. The Cee Bees have like 4-5 herders from the early days because of a family of Faulkner’s from Central too btw. No one cared back then when it was working the other way around.

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:31 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:22 pm
:(( :(( :(( sniff, sniff.....
The Growlers sure do look great in St. John’s Maple Leaf uni’s tonight. How do the Cataracts look tonight?

Growlers had to go and pick up a guy from the Southern Professional League instead of actually letting Whiffen play :lol:

• Information