Big Games on Friday

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:29 am

A better look at the league should emerge from this weekend. On Friday night at the CBS Arena the Clarenville Caribous are in town for a game against the Blues. One of those teams need to to get going. They both need a win before the standings get away from them. I expected more from both.... Friday night ...the puck drops at eight...

Meanwhile across town at the Jack Byrne Arena the high flying St. John's Caps are in town for a game against the Eagles. I am really interested in what kind of team the Eagles will ice. They were not strong before Christmas but their management told me not to worry about it help was on the way .....They have territorial rights to a number of Grand Falls and Gander players so a lot depends if that central situationjof no- hockey gets resolved. It looks like I won't be in a rink unless i can make up a pack of lies for my wife and her family ... The schedule says eight o'clock start but at the Jack Byrne eight is when they get the ice... warm up and resurfacing and if the puck really does drop before eight twenty you'll be lucky ...

Fries are good in both places. . The canteen at Jack Byrne has gone upscale and changed hands but the chip frier is the same woman ... .
Somebody else can talk about the weekend games......

AEfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:29 am
A better look at the league should emerge from this weekend. On Friday night at the CBS Arena the Clarenville Caribous are in town for a game against the Blues. One of those teams need to to get going. They both need a win before the standings get away from them. I expected more from both.... Friday night ...the puck drops at eight...

Meanwhile across town at the Jack Byrne Arena the high flying St. John's Caps are in town for a game against the Eagles. I am really interested in what kind of team the Eagles will ice. They were not strong before Christmas but their management told me not to worry about it help was on the way .....They have territorial rights to a number of Grand Falls and Gander players so a lot depends if that central situationjof no- hockey gets resolved. It looks like I won't be in a rink unless i can make up a pack of lies for my wife and her family ... The schedule says eight o'clock start but at the Jack Byrne eight is when they get the ice... warm up and resurfacing and if the puck really does drop before eight twenty you'll be lucky ...

Fries are good in both places. . The canteen at Jack Byrne has gone upscale and changed hands but the chip frier is the same woman ... .
Somebody else can talk about the weekend games......
That’s 30 seconds I’ll never get back from reading that mess Lies.

I do believe the Caribous had a pretty good first half being in 2nd place I think. Not sure where they would have to “get it going”. CBS is surprising yes, maybe lack of leadership there. The Eagles May not win another game this season. If you’re waiting on Cole and maybe one more to join them from central teams, you’re still in trouble.

herder head

Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 pm

I know there's at least one more draft to go and a lot of hockey to be played but it looks to me that the east finalists will be the Breakers and Caps. The shore were strong even before getting Brennan and the other Cadigan and possibly signing Rodi Short and it looks like the Caps are loading up for a run at it this year.

• Information