Updated Standings 26 Jan. 20

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
NLHockeyInsider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Just thought I'd update the standings after this weekend's action:

Team GP W L OTL PTS
Breakers 13 12 0 1 25
Caribous 11 7 3 0 14
Caps 9 6 3 0 12
Eagles 11 3 6 2 8
CB Blues 10 3 6 1 7
CeeBees 12 2 8 0 4

Breakers have clinched 1st place if my math checks out and based on a 15 game schedule. All other teams have a chance at making playoffs (assuming top 4 make it).

Hockey Eyes

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:00 pm

My understanding is that all temas will make the playoffs with the top two getting a form of " bye" into the next round ... The other teams will play a round robin giving them all a chance at a playoff " gate" or two. Two teams would emerge from that to face the top two .
This was information from about two weeks ago and there have been cancellations and basically a lost week of hockey so I don;t know what may have changed... the playoff system was supposed to put a few dollars in the pockets of each of the teams.. .
I don't know if that plan has changed...........

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:00 pm
My understanding is that all temas will make the playoffs with the top two getting a form of " bye" into the next round ... The other teams will play a round robin giving them all a chance at a playoff " gate" or two. Two teams would emerge from that to face the top two .
This was information from about two weeks ago and there have been cancellations and basically a lost week of hockey so I don;t know what may have changed... the playoff system was supposed to put a few dollars in the pockets of each of the teams.. .
I don't know if that plan has changed...........
Interesting way of doing things if true. Also presents a greater opportunity for an upset, with the Shore clinching 1st place last night this will make the race for 2nd very exciting. I think the Caps will finish 2nd and Clarenville 3rd.

herder head

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 pm

I heard the same thing about the playoff format Hockey Eyes, I also heard there was a league meeting this week to finalize things.

That playoff format would be fair because the regular season is supposed to be reduced by 5 games for each team and it will be good financially for the league because it will generate some much needed revenue, playoff games have better attendance than regular season games.

Oh just a fan

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Maybe for your Stars, but a team who draws no fans aren’t going to raise much money off of ticket sales. One extra game at home for the Caps and their 36 fans wont help much. Probably cost more to rent the ice than you guys make back in ticket sales.

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm
Maybe for your Stars, but a team who draws no fans aren’t going to raise much money off of ticket sales. One extra game at home for the Caps and their 36 fans wont help much. Probably cost more to rent the ice than you guys make back in ticket sales.
Caps will draw in the playoffs especially if they make it to the finals again this year which they have a good opportunity to do because they have a strong roster. It’s really unfortunate there isn’t a better suited facility in St. John’s for them to play out of instead of Twin Rinks or the Gould’s rink prior to that. Why don’t you worry about your own “league”.

Oh just a fan

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:57 pm

Why can’t I comment on both leagues? You’ve been the most recent poster on the Central thread. So give it a rest. You bring up some good points about the rink situation why can’t you just leave it at that? Children I tell you, and to answer your question in the locked topic, yes it makes me feel good.

herder head

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Yes but if the CeeBees draw good crowds during the playoffs (likely) and maybe a couple of other teams as well it will benefit the whole league because of the revenue sharing agreement.

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am

Any update on the playoff format? Anyone hear anything in the past few days?

AEfan

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:28 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am
Any update on the playoff format? Anyone hear anything in the past few days?
Last I’ve heard it was 1st and 2nd receive byes to the Semifinal with 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5 battling in the quarters

• Information