any new names for the rosters this weekend

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
aseyeseesit
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Just looking at last season's Flyers lineup and there are still 10-12 players on there not referenced in any posts listing Flyers players now east, and the couple of Deer Lakers who have gone back west - in Gillard and McKay.
There is Mosher, Chris Ryan, Nick Fitzgerald,( Is Josh Fitzgerald working on a 'turn around' and available on certain dates[?], as it was mentioned 'he is away working' ). Then, there is also Stephen Best, Paul Hutchings, Josh Day, Jonathon Coffey, Cody Abbott, Graham Oldford, Mike Mason. And,btw, Ryan Delaney is still on the Flyers players list... and, Brandon Hynes hasn't played much - if at all after Xmas - in Corner Brook.
The 2 Strattons and 2 Humphries are 4 pretty good Springdale players who are not playing with anyone else currently, (since the Springdale Intermediate team shut down)...
So, there is work to be done more so by the Flyers, than the Cats, for the planned weekend sets of games between the Cats and Flyers.
Keeping our fingers crossed that the 2 CWSHL entrants can get it together for the announced 'Special Series".
The Cats fans, (and I am sure the Flyers fans too), are ready! There certainly was a big, big turn- out last night at the Joe Byrne for Cats Holding Seat sales for Sunday's scheduled 1:30 pm 'Home Opener' at the Joe for the Cats vs. the Flyers!

newfiegoalie

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Strattons and humphries are from wesleyville.

aseyeseesit

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Sorry, I thought those 4 players were members of the recently folded Springdale Braves...

Oh just a fan

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Are they playing? I’ve watched them play in the Central league a few times, they were good, but I’ve often wondered if that was due to no hitting. Still nice to see some good local talent getting a game. The Rec league could make up one good team between them and be the third central team to be honest.

GenoSniper

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:00 am

Heard through the grape vine that Gander picked up Keith Noble, Jordan Snow and Sherman McKay! Big guys but I think there’s more talent in the league then that! I am wondering if they have picked up Mugford?
Travis Gale has a few games playing with Twillingate he grew up in Gander also.

Oh just a fan

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Why the hell would anyone pick up those three players. Snow used to be a good hockey player, but has put on some weight. Sherm could be useful but Noble....... come on here, sponsor I suppose.

FlyersInsider101

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:22 pm

It’s time for the executive of the flyers to step up to the plate and for once tell the fans the truth. You don’t have half enough players and the biggest reason your still around is to use the fans some more and to continue fundraising !! You are that far in the hole you have no other choice ! Flyers coach and GM state’s today that they had to cancel this weekends games due to “unforeseen Circumstances “ !! Ha what a joke !! Time for this organization to take its fans serious for a change and tell them the truth. There are enough issues with senior hockey here on the island and the last we need is teams trying to use the guise of hockey games to come, in order to facilitate their own agendas and ego’s.

Flyer24

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 am

Not sure where you are getting your info 'insider' but it certainly differs from what I was told regarding the Flyers financial situation.

FlyersInsider101

Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:02 pm

Flyer24 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:19 am
Not sure where you are getting your info 'insider' but it certainly differs from what I was told regarding the Flyers financial situation.
Don’t always believe what you hear especially in that regard !

• Information