Games

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
rick

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 pm

5 mins remaining. Shots 46-27 shore

rick

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:33 pm

Empty net . Brennan . 7-5

rick

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:34 pm

Game over 7-5 shots 52-29 shore

breakers21
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:59 pm

Great game

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 am

rick wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm
100 fans , give or take take a few
There were approximately 250 in attendance but okay, what ever fits your narrative. Also, there was another senior game in the area and a Growlers game which drew well (4400).

rick

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:03 am

Half of those were kids . They don't pay ?

rick

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:04 am

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
rick wrote:
There were approximately 250 in attendance but okay, what ever fits your narrative. Also, there was another senior game in the area and a Growlers game which drew well (4400).

There wasn't the other games I seen so what happened then ?

NLHockeyInsider

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:18 am

rick wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:04 am
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
rick wrote:

There wasn't the other games I seen so what happened then ?
What do you mean what happened then? I just stated there were two other hockey games in the area, one of which was a pro game. There were definitely more than 100 adults in attendance and definitely quite a few more than just wife’s/girlfriends and parents. I thought both teams had a decent contingent of fans there. Just goes to show your estimation of attendance at East games is very conservative to help your East vs West narrative.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:04 pm

I was at the game last night . It was a good game . I was going to stay for a period and a bit until the Breakers broke it open but it never happened. Southern Shore are a real good team . Jeremy Nicholas, Brennan, Oates , Pye, Kavanagh , Cadigan . It is the first time I watched them since very early in the season. They could win The Herder if there is one . Hockey NL decision . The Conception Bay South Blues are on the other hand a real model for the league. The fast majority of their players are home grown and came up through their junior system. They skate hard and they are fit and they also have an " edge" . Against the Breakers they looked good for a period and a half and then they lost their shape. That's a term I borrow from British soccer. It is the way the team is set up to play. Sometimes over the course a game a team loses its " shape". The Blues got their nose in front but couldn't hold it. A close game with lots of goals and a bit of the rough stiff... you can't beat that can you ?
By the way I saw the on-line postings on the scores and rick is really quick ... faster than I would be.What I don't understand is why he would say there were 100 fans at the game or than half of the fans were kids. I'll be kind and say ... that just isn't so .... My guess on attendance would be in line with Insider ... 250 ish. Now I was a bit disappointed because there as no one in the bar and I thought this game would draw really well but the Growlers in town explains much . Anyway I had a good time and I was close on the 50/50. Ivan Hapgood was at the game taking it all in and probably making notes.

rick

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:04 pm
I was at the game last night . It was a good game . I was going to stay for a period and a bit until the Breakers broke it open but it never happened. Southern Shore are a real good team . Jeremy Nicholas, Brennan, Oates , Pye, Kavanagh , Cadigan . It is the first time I watched them since very early in the season. They could win The Herder if there is one . Hockey NL decision . The Conception Bay South Blues are on the other hand a real model for the league. The fast majority of their players are home grown and came up through their junior system. They skate hard and they are fit and they also have an " edge" . Against the Breakers they looked good for a period and a half and then they lost their shape. That's a term I borrow from British soccer. It is the way the team is set up to play. Sometimes over the course a game a team loses its " shape". The Blues got their nose in front but couldn't hold it. A close game with lots of goals and a bit of the rough stiff... you can't beat that can you ?
By the way I saw the on-line postings on the scores and rick is really quick ... faster than I would be.What I don't understand is why he would say there were 100 fans at the game or than half of the fans were kids. I'll be kind and say ... that just isn't so .... My guess on attendance would be in line with Insider ... 250 ish. Now I was a bit disappointed because there as no one in the bar and I thought this game would draw really well but the Growlers in town explains much . Anyway I had a good time and I was close on the 50/50. Ivan Hapgood was at the game taking it all in and probably making notes.
I will say that more fans came in after . Not sure on how many tho. I find it strange that nobody came to me to buy 50/50 tickets .

• Information