Joe Must Go.................

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
The Eye..
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Well it is The Eye again, I hope Joe Maynard comes on this site and answers this , I know he reads it, that's if he got the Ball$ ... Joe all the Teams in the East is trying there dam best to keep players in the East what are you doing about it ? the west coast is laughing at you man and are you just going to sit around and do nothing . Joe with all the Teams on the west stacking there teams and what ever teams makes it from the east got to play for the Herder what a joke, Teams in the East wont stand a Chance.. It would be like sending a fella to fight in a war with a Pea shooter .. Joe Don't let the West Coast league screw up Senior hockey on the East help the teams on the East protect there players and forget about your fat bank Account for once come on man for god sake do something.....

The Eye:(

iggy

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, I hope Joe Maynard comes on this site and answers this , I know he reads it, that's if he got the Ball$ ... Joe all the Teams in the East is trying there dam best to keep players in the East what are you doing about it ? the west coast is laughing at you man and are you just going to sit around and do nothing . Joe with all the Teams on the west stacking there teams and what ever teams makes it from the east got to play for the Herder what a joke, Teams in the East wont stand a Chance.. It would be like sending a fella to fight in a war with a Pea shooter .. Joe Don't let the West Coast league screw up Senior hockey on the East help the teams on the East protect there players and forget about your fat bank Account for once come on man for god sake do something.....

By 'all teams', do you mean CBN? I thought they were the only team losing players to the West?

simonsays

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 pm

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, I hope Joe Maynard comes on this site and answers this , I know he reads it, that's if he got the Ball$ ... Joe all the Teams in the East is trying there dam best to keep players in the East what are you doing about it ? the west coast is laughing at you man and are you just going to sit around and do nothing . Joe with all the Teams on the west stacking there teams and what ever teams makes it from the east got to play for the Herder what a joke, Teams in the East wont stand a Chance.. It would be like sending a fella to fight in a war with a Pea shooter .. Joe Don't let the West Coast league screw up Senior hockey on the East help the teams on the East protect there players and forget about your fat bank Account for once come on man for god sake do something.....

Eye,

What do you suggest Joe do? Pay them himself to stay? Have a bottle drive and send the money to CBN to keep the players? It's laughable. You can't force fans to go to games, you can't force teams to pay players, and you can't expect teams that have no money to pay players and go in debt. THat's what killed the province wide league in the 89. When CBN didn't have a team. Are you asking JOe to take the league money and pay the CBN players to stay with the fat bank account you refer to? Are you suggesting all players in the league get paid? How you do you determine who gets what? Just the CBN players who want to leave it seems.

Not since the Flatrock Flyers dismantled and lost all its players to CBN has this many players left the same team to join the West Coast League. Every year a team or two loses players. Guess what they do? They deal with it. Nobody demanded Joe do something about the CBC Sr. team losing Ray Dalton years ago, Terry Ryan leaving Mt. Pearl, Jason Hedges, Mike Lee...........the list could go on. Funny this much uproar wasn't a factor when Kent and Crann left for Clarenville. Why now? You can't win every year, there is such a thing as rebuilding. Every year teams lose players, they cope, maybe they go through a lull for a year or two, it happens in both leagues. Every team deals with it. YOu can't win every year. In any sport.

You keep saying for JOe to do something. Exactly what? If your ideas are so great, post them..........go to a meeting and express your opinion. Run for the executive. Maybe you could convince your local team to affiliate with its local jr. team and not a west coast team. Someone should do something in CBN to keep their local players from being affiliated with a West Coast team in Clarenville. Why would a local player who's played all his minor in the area get to jr. get called up to play SR. in the West coast league, and then want to play sr for the local team? I feel something should be done about that. You talk about players leaving for the west coast, when your local team allows its jr. team to affiliate with the west coast league??????????

Pot calling the kettle black.
GET AT ME WOLF

theinsider

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Eye,

If you are that passionate about it all, why don't you get out and run for the exec.

The Eye..

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Well it is The Eye again, why cant people get it through there big heads that the East is nothing more than a Joke , for god sake look at it, We have a Draft system in place, and in the East that is a Joke, if any team would like to g get players to play for them they cant because they have to go into a Draft, But on the west they can go outside and get players to play no problem, the team gets more % of money than the East they have a 2 fight rule in the West, and one in the East ........... So do you think this is ok , Then pople wonder why the East palyers want to go west,,,DUUU!!! also when the teams play on the West they have more then 12 people in the stands not like going to the Blades home games, On the West the teams make more money so they can afford to get players ,in the west thay have an Import rule we dont have on the s or in Torbay and on the Shore there r a few fans but The Ceebees fans was what fulled the arena, so the boys leave to also play on the west for a full house Just about all the games , and the nreason why it is full is symple . Because the players are getting paid big money and if the teams are going to pay out money they want to get top players for there dollar and the fans will see great Hockey all the time so if the East had the same rules dont you thing it would draw more fans and players to the East , Joe Maynard can change this by adding the same Rules .... then you would keep The Delaneys , Dyke, Terry, Druken, kent, crann,Rodi Short,Steve Richards, Andrew, Brennan,Jason Hedges, Kirk Stoyles, Mark Chaplen, Andrew Pearcey,Jeremy Kavanagh, Sndrew Hill, Grant Kenny, Brent Power,John Ball, Chris Mooney, Ryan Penney,mike lee, Ray Dalton, so Just look at thoes players this would make any team a top team but thanks to the Likes of Joe Maynard who dont want the same rules thoes players are gone west for thr Money , I asked Joe in an email what will happen when time comes to play for thr herder do you think its fare to send a team from the east and get hammered he said if we got to add players we will..Holy $hit is he out to lunch or what.......

The Eye

Caribous insider

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 pm

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, why cant people get it through there big heads that the East is nothing more than a Joke , for god sake look at it, We have a Draft system in place, and in the East that is a Joke, if any team would like to g get players to play for them they cant because they have to go into a Draft, But on the west they can go outside and get players to play no problem, the team gets more % of money than the East they have a 2 fight rule in the West, and one in the East ........... So do you think this is ok , Then pople wonder why the East palyers want to go west,,,DUUU!!! also when the teams play on the West they have more then 12 people in the stands not like going to the Blades home games, On the West the teams make more money so they can afford to get players ,in the west thay have an Import rule we dont have on the s or in Torbay and on the Shore there r a few fans but The Ceebees fans was what fulled the arena, so the boys leave to also play on the west for a full house Just about all the games , and the nreason why it is full is symple . Because the players are getting paid big money and if the teams are going to pay out money they want to get top players for there dollar and the fans will see great Hockey all the time so if the East had the same rules dont you thing it would draw more fans and players to the East , Joe Maynard can change this by adding the same Rules .... then you would keep The Delaneys , Dyke, Terry, Druken, kent, crann,Rodi Short,Steve Richards, Andrew, Brennan,Jason Hedges, Kirk Stoyles, Mark Chaplen, Andrew Pearcey,Jeremy Kavanagh, Sndrew Hill, Grant Kenny, Brent Power,John Ball, Chris Mooney, Ryan Penney,mike lee, Ray Dalton, so Just look at thoes players this would make any team a top team but thanks to the Likes of Joe Maynard who dont want the same rules thoes players are gone west for thr Money , I asked Joe in an email what will happen when time comes to play for thr herder do you think its fare to send a team from the east and get hammered he said if we got to add players we will..Holy $hit is he out to lunch or what.......

The Eye
We need an island wide league with one set of rules. Thats what 90% of the fans and players want and we almost had it........but joe managed to put the screws to it!

catsfan4

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 pm

oake left too eye

the noes

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 am

i agree, we need a island wide leauge, the east will be a good leauge, but when it comes to the herder final it will end in 4 or 5 games, we all know the eye had a couple too many drinks tonight but i know where the goof is coming from.

simonsays

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 am

The Eye.. wrote:Well it is The Eye again, why cant people get it through there big heads that the East is nothing more than a Joke , for god sake look at it, We have a Draft system in place, and in the East that is a Joke, if any team would like to g get players to play for them they cant because they have to go into a Draft, But on the west they can go outside and get players to play no problem, the team gets more % of money than the East they have a 2 fight rule in the West, and one in the East ........... So do you think this is ok , Then pople wonder why the East palyers want to go west,,,DUUU!!! also when the teams play on the West they have more then 12 people in the stands not like going to the Blades home games, On the West the teams make more money so they can afford to get players ,in the west thay have an Import rule we dont have on the s or in Torbay and on the Shore there r a few fans but The Ceebees fans was what fulled the arena, so the boys leave to also play on the west for a full house Just about all the games , and the nreason why it is full is symple . Because the players are getting paid big money and if the teams are going to pay out money they want to get top players for there dollar and the fans will see great Hockey all the time so if the East had the same rules dont you thing it would draw more fans and players to the East , Joe Maynard can change this by adding the same Rules .... then you would keep The Delaneys , Dyke, Terry, Druken, kent, crann,Rodi Short,Steve Richards, Andrew, Brennan,Jason Hedges, Kirk Stoyles, Mark Chaplen, Andrew Pearcey,Jeremy Kavanagh, Sndrew Hill, Grant Kenny, Brent Power,John Ball, Chris Mooney, Ryan Penney,mike lee, Ray Dalton, so Just look at thoes players this would make any team a top team but thanks to the Likes of Joe Maynard who dont want the same rules thoes players are gone west for thr Money , I asked Joe in an email what will happen when time comes to play for thr herder do you think its fare to send a team from the east and get hammered he said if we got to add players we will..Holy $hit is he out to lunch or what.......

The Eye

Eye,

Trying to read that jumble of words, I'd say you are out to lunch. Or "Symple" as you spell it. So that's your solution to all the questions I asked you. So you think that having two fights, an import rule, not have a draft (allow a team to stack their team with whatever players they want), and pay the players will not only solve all the problems, but keep the players from going west. That'll solve everything in your mind. Give your head a shake. For the first time in years the CeeBees will not ice a team full of top notch Sr. hockey players. Everything is great in the barn when the team is winning, but upset the apple cart and let the whining begin. Get with the program and realize that no Avalon East team can pay any player $1000/game. Not this year or any year in the future.

I'll clarify a few things for you as you clearly don't seem to understand much logic. Be careful, I'll spell words correctly. The reason for a draft is to ensure one team doesn't load up on players leaving the others to fend for themselves. Remember when CBN got all the Flatrock players, well that won't happen again. Wouldn't you rather have 5 competitive teams or just one powerhouse and four others who wouldn't beat a Midget AAA team? Poor question, its obvious you'd rather a strong Ceebees team over a competitive league. As for the two fight rule, it's an insurance issue, all team representatives have voted on this in the past and it was turned down. We, the fans, can do nothing about that. Who would pay for these imports? And what makes you think the league didn't have imports. Brad Mccarthy, Bernie Sweeney, and Paul Noseworthy were all flown in for games last season by Bell Island. Bone head move by Brazil as the boys were pretty washed up, but they were still imports.

All you've done is rehash the fact that you think it's all Joe's fault, but you yourself have no idea how to fix it. Have you figured out yet why your local Jr. team is affiliated with the West Coast League? Sure your own team is sending its Jr. team in to the league already. Its laughable.

Eye, it isn't rocket science that the players like being paid to play hockey. Unfortunately, the teams in the East League can't afford to pay its players what they want. The league has a hard enough time filling the seats now as it is, and teams on the west charge $12 per night. In your mind, do you really think that elevating ticket prices would encourage more people to go to The Glacier on a Wednesday night? Again, give your head a shake, or open your eyes. The Avalon East League has survived a long time, a helluva lot longer than West Coast League. There's a reason for that. Eventually you will get your wish for a province wide league, and you'll be lucky if the CeeBees have a team. If a few local St. John's Businessman open their wallets for a local team, your area will not be able to compete. By then, some of your local talent will have moved on to other teams, just like most all of the elite players from the East. What will happen then, I'll save you the thoughts and tell you: "You will find something else to complain or whine about."
GET AT ME WOLF

The Eye..

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Well it is The Eye again, man u r full of it, I never said that the East was always ran right, even the ceebees won the east the last 5 years the league was still a Joke and always will be as long as Joe Maynard is running it. So big deal if all 5 teams play close games all year , but what will happen in the Herder , let me tell you Mr Perfect. RAN OVER that's what will happen. Give the East the same rules as the west and see what will happen ..... Oh ya and get rid of Joe Maynard that is part of the problem... you know who Joe is ...lol

The Eye

• Information