bad referee

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
stars
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 pm

At todays game the refereeing was the ****!!!!! Hopefully Chilli is not refereeing next game!!!!

rick

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:27 pm

stars wrote:At todays game the refereeing was the ****!!!!! Hopefully Chilli is not refereeing next game!!!!

by looking at your user name , i guess your a cee-bee fan???????? realx by, your still up 3-1.. caan't win them all.. was the reffing good when you guys won the first 3?????????

seein stars

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:31 pm

rick wrote:
stars wrote:At todays game the refereeing was the ****!!!!! Hopefully Chilli is not refereeing next game!!!!

by looking at your user name , i guess your a cee-bee fan???????? realx by, your still up 3-1.. caan't win them all.. was the reffing good when you guys won the first 3?????????
Good point Rick and both yes and no. However this guy is the worst> Bad calls on both teams, stuff left that should have been called and other call that were somewhat questionable. But thats it. On to the next game. Cee Bees in Five.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 pm

I copied and pasted from another post about the game my thoughts on the referee tonight...

The referee called foolish penalties to both sides and then let the more 'should-have-been-called' penalites go (ie...jabs to the face while play was in the other zone). That applies to both teams. No team was getting away with any more murder than the other.

seein stars

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm

123 wrote:I copied and pasted from another post about the game my thoughts on the referee tonight...

The referee called foolish penalties to both sides and then let the more 'should-have-been-called' penalites go (ie...jabs to the face while play was in the other zone). That applies to both teams. No team was getting away with any more murder than the other.
So does that make it right??. Just askin. Wondering what your angle is thats all. To me it destryed the flow of a good game. the outcome may have still been the same but calls are in the rule book for a reason. Way too much stick work today. Some guys were like they were chopping down trees and no calls make. but if a smaller guy bouned off of a bigger guy a penalty wqas called, BOTH ways!!!! Just stupid IMO!!!
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm

seein stars wrote:So does that make it right??. Just askin. Wondering what your angle is thats all. To me it destryed the flow of a good game. the outcome may have still been the same but calls are in the rule book for a reason. Way too much stick work today. Some guys were like they were chopping down trees and no calls make. but if a smaller guy bouned off of a bigger guy a penalty wqas called, BOTH ways!!!! Just stupid IMO!!!
It destroys the flow of the game, kills a team's momentum and makes it frustrating to watch. The referee needs to use discretion sometimes and most players/coaches/fans understand that. I recall tonight referee called someone on Shore for hooking and called Dyke for unsportsmanlike - diving on same incident. Those he could have let go and concentrated on the 'can-opener' plays or players hacking at each other's legs as if it was time to cut down a Christmas Tree. It is not right but referee did not favor either team. Both teams were penalizied a good many times (minors were probably close to even) and both teams got away with a good many things also.

seein stars

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 pm

123 wrote:
seein stars wrote:So does that make it right??. Just askin. Wondering what your angle is thats all. To me it destryed the flow of a good game. the outcome may have still been the same but calls are in the rule book for a reason. Way too much stick work today. Some guys were like they were chopping down trees and no calls make. but if a smaller guy bouned off of a bigger guy a penalty wqas called, BOTH ways!!!! Just stupid IMO!!!
It destroys the flow of the game, kills a team's momentum and makes it frustrating to watch. The referee needs to use discretion sometimes and most players/coaches/fans understand that. I recall tonight referee called someone on Shore for hooking and called Dyke for unsportsmanlike - diving on same incident. Those he could have let go and concentrated on the 'can-opener' plays or players hacking at each other's legs as if it was time to cut down a Christmas Tree. It is not right but referee did not favor either team. Both teams were penalizied a good many times (minors were probably close to even) and both teams got away with a good many things also.
Guess we agree to agree there 123. Don't tell anyone though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole Timer

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am

The quality of reffing at Sundays game left a lot to be desired. Both teams suffered equally from it. I don't think that the end result would have been any different, but some of the things that he called were petty and a lot of the things he let go were deserving of a penalty. There was a lot of stick work that could have seriously injured players. Both sides were guilty. Its great, from the fans perspective, to let the boys play, but blatant cross-checking, glove face washing, can-opening and slashing should be called.

The Shore came to play last night, as evidenced by the shots on Diamond, and they deserved to win no doubt in my mind. Diamond played a stellar game. Had he not been on his game, the score could have easily been 3-4 more goals for the Shore. Noseworthy played well but didn't get the quality shots.

Anyway, the next game should be that much more interesting. The Shore has a taste of victory and can see a little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. They have a hell of a battle ahead of them, to win the next three games, but it can be done. On the other hand, the CB's can taste East coast Champs again and are not going down without a fight. Hopefully they can get the job done next game. I can't see the CB's being beaten four in a row. Right now advantage CB's. Let the games begin and may the best team win, without the holes in the nets and help from the refs. Go team!

CHURCHILL FAN

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I was thinking it might have been RICE..lol.....

Carbonear Canadiens

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

CHURCHILL FAN wrote:
I was thinking it might have been RICE..lol.....
I think you bashed him enough on the WCSHL forum.
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

• Information