2010 Herder Champs/ Clarenville Caribous/ Allan Cup

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:12 am

Caribous insider wrote:I’ve been reading through some of the threads here and its actually funny to see some people hoping and almost praying to see the Caribous lose badly at the Allan Cup. Some are actually gloating and laughing about it. Its not that anybody involved with the Caribous, players or otherwise, could possibility care any less about what bloggers on NL Hockey talk think......but I feel sorry for these people who have completely missed the boat when it comes to the whole idea surrounding the Caribous representing NL and the Atlantic provinces at this tournament.

This province has not had a representative at the AC since 1986. For the past 25 years there has been ample opportunity for other teams from this province to attend the tournament but none have been willing to do what it takes to make it happen. After winning the Herder last season, the Caribous organization decided they would take the bull by the horns and try their luck. Since then, much time and effort along with many many hours of preparation and organization have been logged to prepare for the trip.

What these negative people and nay-sayers don’t realize is that the Caribous competing at the 2010 AC is not as much about winning as it is about competing and representing our province. It will be a gauge of our skill level for other teams from NL who may like to try their luck in the future and will also be a learning experience for the Caribous and CEC management who will host the 2015 Allan Cup here in Clarenville. When players like Darren Colbourne, Darren Langdon, Chris Peach, Mark and Rob Robinson, ......all considered to be very classy individuals..... were asked if they would like to join the Caribous team and represent NL at the AC, the first response from all of those guys was......”it would be an honour”. That’s what its all about, representing our province at what will be for most if not all players, a once in a lifetime chance.

There has been much talk about the Caribous choice for their affiliate. That decision was the Caribous to make and right or wrong, they will live with it. This decision was made by the same people who have in four short years guided the Caribous to three WCSHL finals, two WCSHL Championship Titles and two Herder Memorial Championship titles. I for one don’t think I’ll start second guessing their judgement at this time but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The Caribous may lose every game by 10 goals, they may lose every game by one goal or may even win a game or two. Bottom line is it doesn’t matter. As long as they play as hard as they can and give 110% for every shift, then that’s all that can be expected of them. The Caribous success will not be measured only on the score board but by the work ethic they present and how they conduct themselves on and off the ice. They are ambassadors for this province at the AC for the first time in 25 years! Win or lose, everyone that makes the trip, players, coaches and other officials will return with a lifetime of memories and will have stories to tell for years to come about the time they played in the 2010 Allan Cup in Fort St. John BC.

Congratulations to all the people within the Caribous organization who have logged unmeasurable amounts of time and energy to organize this trip, all while in the middle of the WCSHL and Herder finals. The Caribous have a model organization run by committed individuals and the best volunteers in NFLD Sr. Hockey who continue to make the town of Clarenville and all its fans, very very proud!!

Go Caribous Go

EXELANT EXELANT EXELANT POST

win loose or draw the caribous will do us PROUD . all the nay sayers have to get with the program . this is now about not only N.L. but ALL OF ALANTIC CANADA . so lets all work together and support THE ALANTIC REP. who is N.L.s very own CLARENVILLE CARIBOUS .

game puck

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am

Good post , you said it like a true newfie, lets get behind the bous in this series. It`s time to leave the Herder behind and move to the compition comming up. Good lock Caribous.

Tomcod

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK... DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE LOL.............

bousclues

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Tomcod wrote:NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK... DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE LOL.............
Same old, same old hey tomcod

canonball

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Is there any sign of jealously here i wonder ,, I dies at you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomcod

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

canonball wrote:Is there any sign of jealously here i wonder ,, I dies at you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey cannon talk to me about herders when you guys win ten like us... then we will have something in common....... until then NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK LOL .........

pure-mad

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Well TomCod, with 10 under your belt, you would think you would have learned a thing or two. Perhaps something called sportsmanship or at the very least, how to suck it up and move on lol. Just razzin.

Tomcod

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 pm

pure-mad wrote:Well TomCod, with 10 under your belt, you would think you would have learned a thing or two. Perhaps something called sportsmanship or at the very least, how to suck it up and move on lol. Just razzin.
HEY PURE MAD, CARIBOU INSIDER MADE ME LIKE THIS LOL... JUST TAKING A PAGE OUT OF HIS BOOK.. DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO BE A GOOD WINNER LOL...............

superfan

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm

game puck wrote:Good post , you said it like a true newfie, lets get behind the bous in this series. It`s time to leave the Herder behind and move to the compition comming up. Good lock Caribous.
THANKYOU GAME PUCK you are a great sport . maybe some one could bring tomcod some BUD LIGHT from FORT ST. JOHN to see if it is as good as the newfie stuff yeh tomcod ?we have high standards for our BUD LIGHT is that right tomcod ?

......... CLARENVILLE N.L. HOME OF THE 2010 HERDER CHAMPS ........

......... GOOOOOOOOOOO BOUS GOOOOOOOOOO .........

• Information