Game tonight

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
NuffSaid
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Good game by the Blades. After a rough 3rd period last night against the Caps where they let 5 straight goals in, they bounced back and beat the Celtics. The game got a little chippy at one point with both teams showing some dirty moves, but the Blades deserved this win. The Celtics are really inconsistant. They've played the 2 best teams in the league in back-to-back weekends and showed that at this point of the season they are just 3rd best.

FanOfHabs

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

I was at this game and left the rink thinking the Celtics are indeed the third best team in the league. The Caps are definitely the team to beat, and right now Mount Pearl is the league's No. 2 team.

I have to wonder how Mount Pearl will hold up without Harry Bartlett in net. He was really playing well last night before he got hurt. I don't know much about Nick Rodway, but he did make a few nice saves when his team needed them in the third period Sunday night. It should be interesting to see how he handles the No. 1 job for a while.

liney11

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:35 am

I heard Bartlett pulled his groin, so he could be out for a while but I think that Rodway will do good in his place, he made a few huge saves last night to secure the win. The officiating last nite was a bit shakey to say the least I must say.

habs91

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 pm

missed this game, who played good for each team, the usuals or did someone else stand out

habs91

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 pm

according to the junior website, the blades have picked up goalie Jonathon Duffat. Anyone here about this?

• Information