Evulation of game three from a cats fan.

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
Top Shelf
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Coach Moores promised lots of hitting this weekend and that the small rink would help them but the cee bees can't catch the cats to hit them. The cee bees are very slow and their passing/shooting isn't near as good as the cats. A lot of the cee bees wouldn't even make the cats team. The cats goaltending even though he wasn't tested tonight is much better. I don't know why people think the cee bees are great. You have to remember each year they only have one team to compete with so winning the league isn't to hard. The cats have three good teams to compete with so winning the west league is very hard. I only saw about 3 players that have some skill and speed on the cee bees and one of them is Keith Delaney and he will only pass the puck to his brother just like last year so when he gets checked tightly their team can't generate much offence. The import Caron is no better than the locals on defence on their team. The cee bees defence are not good skaters with the puck and are very slow. Dyke, French or Roach don't stand out like some people thought they would. I would have Brent or Hounsell any day as local defencemen over these guys.

Pot has done a great job getting Yetman from Bell Island, Roach who must people didn't know much about and the cee bees didn't have a card for him, Earle who is a excellent goal scorer, Welcher who is an excellent play maker/goal scorer, Nick who is a great defencemen, Whithead who has great speed and skill and can be used on defence as well which is great to have, getting Sibley back was a great move for his penality killing abilities,great forchecking abiliites and his overall skill plus getting Bishop as a fourth liner/spare with his experience/skill were all good moves. I think Yetman is the best goalie the cats ever had including Stone. Having a another great goalie in Jewer is great to have and this only pushes Yetman to be on this game or he knows he will be hauled. Having a young team with speed is the way to go along with having an experience player like Lapointe to keep the young guys emotions under control in big important games.

Coach Casey, Pual and Brian have did a great job coaching the team even though the team had a slow start they had patience with the team having so many new palyers and now they are one win away from being the provincial senior hockey champions. They never give up every shift which is want fans want to see.

rick

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 am

great post top shelf

catrus

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 am

Honestly, I think if the stars where in the west they would be a last place team.

Bluecaps

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 am

If not last they would have fought for fourth.Corner Brook was the second best team in the league even though their own fans did'nt know. The Royals will have a quick turn around. Go Cat's Go

Bluecaps

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:30 am

Donnie Gosse was not even the best defensemen on his own team. Marty Lapointe only proves in the Hender finals that there is nothing in the province unless Brian laces the skates up.

smogdog

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 am

great post top shelf but until he is really tested i would hold off on yetman being the better goalie. jewers mistake was not sitting out the first game when he was tired. yetman got the nod and the cats have been playing as a team with some great coaching .jmo

Top Shelf

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 am

Smogdog, yes I know Yetman hasn't been tested by the cee bees a lot due to the great backchecking and solid defence of the cats but I saw almost every game all season plus the playoffs where he was tested a lot and won some big games himself for the team so I feel he is the best goalie we have ever had. Forgot to mention getting Mitchell and Budgell back as locals was a great move because two of those players are young which gave the coaches some decent spares to work with when needed.

CaribousFan

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Top Shelf wrote:Coach Moores promised lots of hitting this weekend and that the small rink would help them but the cee bees can't catch the cats to hit them. The cee bees are very slow and their passing/shooting isn't near as good as the cats. A lot of the cee bees wouldn't even make the cats team. The cats goaltending even though he wasn't tested tonight is much better. I don't know why people think the cee bees are great. You have to remember each year they only have one team to compete with so winning the league isn't to hard. The cats have three good teams to compete with so winning the west league is very hard. I only saw about 3 players that have some skill and speed on the cee bees and one of them is Keith Delaney and he will only pass the puck to his brother just like last year so when he gets checked tightly their team can't generate much offence. The import Caron is no better than the locals on defence on their team. The cee bees defence are not good skaters with the puck and are very slow. Dyke, French or Roach don't stand out like some people thought they would. I would have Brent or Hounsell any day as local defencemen over these guys.

Pot has done a great job getting Yetman from Bell Island, Roach who must people didn't know much about and the cee bees didn't have a card for him, Earle who is a excellent goal scorer, Welcher who is an excellent play maker/goal scorer, Nick who is a great defencemen, Whithead who has great speed and skill and can be used on defence as well which is great to have, getting Sibley back was a great move for his penality killing abilities,great forchecking abiliites and his overall skill plus getting Bishop as a fourth liner/spare with his experience/skill were all good moves. I think Yetman is the best goalie the cats ever had including Stone. Having a another great goalie in Jewer is great to have and this only pushes Yetman to be on this game or he knows he will be hauled. Having a young team with speed is the way to go along with having an experience player like Lapointe to keep the young guys emotions under control in big important games.

Coach Casey, Pual and Brian have did a great job coaching the team even though the team had a slow start they had patience with the team having so many new palyers and now they are one win away from being the provincial senior hockey champions. They never give up every shift which is want fans want to see.
great post!
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

The Hawk

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

You talk about Yetman being a great goalie but he was not tested by the Cee Bees. A great goalie is a great goalie regardless of which team he is playing for. Ask Yetman how good he was and how much he was tested by the Cee Bees when he played with Bell Island. He should have received disability pay for the rubber tossed at him and behind him when he played with the Wave. There were nights that he was shell shocked. You are only as good as the team in front of you and thats whay Yetman had - a good team in front of him. And Yetman is not the best goalie in the province. The best goalie is Roger Kennedy - bar none.

rick

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:09 pm

The Hawk wrote:You talk about Yetman being a great goalie but he was not tested by the Cee Bees. A great goalie is a great goalie regardless of which team he is playing for. Ask Yetman how good he was and how much he was tested by the Cee Bees when he played with Bell Island. He should have received disability pay for the rubber tossed at him and behind him when he played with the Wave. There were nights that he was shell shocked. You are only as good as the team in front of you and thats whay Yetman had - a good team in front of him. And Yetman is not the best goalie in the province. The best goalie is Roger Kennedy - bar none.
perhaps its time to get some new players ..........lol

• Information