Mike Sibley

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
canonball
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:40 am

You might be a bit small in structure , but you pay up for it with your determination, and desire.. You are one of the very few guys that go onto the ice and show your strength without all of this hacking and slashing .. One of the loudest guys on the ice , you say it all by the way you play the game ... Congrats to winning another Herder and also for being the MVP ...Was great to have had you with the Bous last year ...

superfan

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 am

canonball wrote:You might be a bit small in structure , but you pay up for it with your determination, and desire.. You are one of the very few guys that go onto the ice and show your strength without all of this hacking and slashing .. One of the loudest guys on the ice , you say it all by the way you play the game ... Congrats to winning another Herder and also for being the MVP ...Was great to have had you with the Bous last year ...

... right on cannon great job .

Tommy

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:24 am

I was not surprised to see Sibley get this award seeing it wass on home ice and around his home town.but i really dont think he was the MVP no joke he played great and to me was the Cats best player but Yetman was the MVP...Games 1 and 2 had that locked up for yetman if he played well after that even,just well enough to win...I mean a shut out to follow up in game 4 and games one and 2 could have went either way and Yetman made the big time sames to get the Cats both wins....

Not taking nothing from Mike Sibley because he is a great little player that puts his heart on his slevees every game...

Congrats Sibley you played a great Herder final.

rick

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 am

sibley had a great season right through..

Tomcod

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 am

canonball wrote:You might be a bit small in structure , but you pay up for it with your determination, and desire.. You are one of the very few guys that go onto the ice and show your strength without all of this hacking and slashing .. One of the loudest guys on the ice , you say it all by the way you play the game ... Congrats to winning another Herder and also for being the MVP ...Was great to have had you with the Bous last year ...
hey cannon its not very often we agree on anything but i have to agree with you on MIKE SIBLEY...

great hockey player who leaves it all on the ice ... certainly deserved the herder MVP...

CONGRATS on your play all year, you deserve to be recognized for your excellent play ...

good luck in the future .....

Bias

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:14 pm

What do you mean he's a great little hockey player???
He's is a great hockey player, way to go Sibley.

fromthestands

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Tommy wrote:I was not surprised to see Sibley get this award seeing it wass on home ice and around his home town.but i really dont think he was the MVP no joke he played great and to me was the Cats best player but Yetman was the MVP...Games 1 and 2 had that locked up for yetman if he played well after that even,just well enough to win...I mean a shut out to follow up in game 4 and games one and 2 could have went either way and Yetman made the big time sames to get the Cats both wins....

Not taking nothing from Mike Sibley because he is a great little player that puts his heart on his slevees every game...

Congrats Sibley you played a great Herder final.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the games live, but i did watch the majority of them online. You are without a doubt correct in saying that Yetman played well all series...Are you forgetting though when the cats dropped the 3-1 lead in game 2? SIbley not only caused the turnover to tie the game back up at 4 but also scored the game winning goal that game...
I played against this guy growing up and have been watching him play for year since...he puts it all on the line every game and showed this once again in the Herder..

Well done Sibley!

superfan

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:20 pm

..... mike is a fan favourate at every rink he goes to .

...... GREAT JOB MIKE AND CONGRATS .....

puckit

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:33 am

Pound for pound best in the league. No fear, no quit in this guy. I was a bit miffed when he left us for the Bous last year but thank Cats he came back. Great job Mike. You're SIBLEY the best!!!!!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

• Information