Congrats to Derek MacPhee

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
Tommy

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:31 pm

canonball wrote:I would like to ask you , giddidy one question ? You said that the team that went to the Allan cup was not the best team on the island , where did you get this from ? Did this team that went and won the Allan cup play against either team on the island Did they play Deer Lake Corner Brook or even the mighty cats ,, i don`t think so .. So how can you or anyone else for that matter say that they were not the best team on the island ?O yes we know that the cats were the best double a team ,but that is as far as it goes ... What is wrong here did the bous and CB`s gang up and take away some of the Cats glory Makes a person wonder ...

If Churchill had to be hot in the playoffs like he was at the Allan cup no team east nor west would beat a healthy bous team again this yr.

canonball
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Tommy i think that it would have been a good series ,, And anything could happen

giggidy

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 pm

goboosgo wrote:Mr. Giggidy, so you claim that the Allan Cup tournament has been watered down because it has been reduced to a one game, winner take all event.....so using your thought process the World Championships and Olympic Games for hockey are nothing to get excited about because it is a one game, winner take all event. The Caribou management invested their time and energy to apply and enter the Allan Cup, are permitted under the rules to affiliate with a team and in doing so add players and win the tournament, what do you think the team should be called? Time for you to grow up and forget the BS because Clarenville followed the rules of Hockey Canada and the 2011 Allan Cup Champions are the CLARENVILLE CARIBOUS.
Once again faulty logic is being used. Of course the Olympics and World Championship are something to get excited about....as is the Allan Cup. I never once suggested otherwise. That was your misguided interprtation. That doesn't change my opinion that the old best of seven format would be tougher to win and provides the greatest opportunity for the best team to win. That's why the Stanley Cup is done that way. As for the Caribous adding players under the rules, if you actually bothered to read my previous posts I defended the use of other players and said multiple times that there was nothing wrong with it. I never once critisized Clarenville for doing so. If you are going to debate me at least debate me on things on said. Like so many others you seem intent on complaining about things I NEVER SAID!!!

I don't know why it's so hard for people to grasp this very simple concept....my complaint is with those Clarenville fans who came here and failed to give recognition to the Ceebees players....not with the team. As for Cannonball....I never accused you of anything...unless you believe this was Clarenville's victory alone. In which case you could be lumped in with those I complained about. If not then nothing I have said refers to you.

giggidy

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Zekie wrote:You may be on to something there Cannonball....seems as though a lot of this talk that we should not refer to the Clarenville Caribous and the Allan Cup Champions in the same sentence comes from the same area of the province....(quote)

Jus like to ask a question: "What kind if foolishness is that." Get real.
hmmm. Checked back through a number of posts but can't find anywhere where anyone says "we should not refer to Clarenville Caribous and the Allan Cup Champions in the same sentence". Could you be so kind as to direct me to the post where that is said.....(or like so many are you "putting words in someone's mouth" in order to attack?)

Puck Buck

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:51 pm

LOL....Giggidy you dont have a clue!!
Congrats to the Bous!!, and thanks to the CBs who willingly wore bou jerseys to represent NL!!!
Ask Brophy and da bys who they won the Allan Cup with?

Who won the provincial trophy this year?....the Herder..is it?
Not hearing much about that,these days!!! LOL!!!!

canonball

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Thats what the whole problem is

Tomcod

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Puck Buck wrote:LOL....Giggidy you dont have a clue!!
Congrats to the Bous!!, and thanks to the CBs who willingly wore bou jerseys to represent NL!!!
Ask Brophy and da bys who they won the Allan Cup with?

Who won the provincial trophy this year?....the Herder..is it?
Not hearing much about that,these days!!! LOL!!!!
not hearing much about winning the herder this year because the cats won it not the bous lol...
for the record eleventh time .. its getting old lol....

canonball

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 pm

The cats you say .. Who are they ? Where did they come from , is it a bird ,is it a plane ? no its the cats ... and again who are they ?

rick

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm

their in the west league canon.............. they have won 11 herders ............... you haven't seen them play????????????? no thats right .you can't see them , to fast.lol lmao................

canonball

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Too hard on an old fellow eyes

• Information