NEW SENIOR LEAGUE --- May. 22, 2011

Newfoundland & Labrador general hockey discussion.
kwh4050
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun May 22, 2011 1:11 pm

I am just wondering if anyone read the article in the Evening Telegram that is talking about Clarenville, Concetion Bay and Mount Pearl applying to HNL to form a new, more competitive Senior league?

Sun May 22, 2011 2:53 pm

I never noticed but I never really looked either. I am now in AHL-mode with the news about the potential return of the AHL. Let's get this done...I cannot wait to get my season seats again. I really want the same ones I had at Mile One for the St. John's Maple Leafs.

catsfan200

Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

kwh4050 wrote:I am just wondering if anyone read the article in the Evening Telegram that is talking about Clarenville, Concetion Bay and Mount Pearl applying to HNL to form a new, more competitive Senior league?

Could you find the article for us or is not online?
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

kwh4050

Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 am

not sure if it was on-line but it was in the Saturday edition of the evening telegram called "The Weekend"

Zekie

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am

I am just wondering if anyone read the article in the Evening Telegram that is talking about Clarenville, Concetion Bay and Mount Pearl applying to HNL to form a new, more competitive Senior league? (quote)

Wrong way to be going. Now is time to be thnking in terms of getting back a provincial league & a level playing field with respect to imports. This would help to eliminate what we saw last year with a very strong west league and a very weak east league. If the AHL returns to Mile One attendance at the senior level on the Avalon will be a problem.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:55 pm

I agree the AHL will have an impact on attendance to the AESHL (or whatever form of a League there is next season). The Senior League just has to make adjustments to their schedule such that the games at Northeast and Mount Pearl play on the off nights for the AHL team or when they are on the road. Teams in the West should not be affected by the AHL team. The same for the CeeBees as they have a strong fanbase and are about 60-75 minutes outside metro. Bell Island (if they have a team) will not be affected by the gate. Hard to be affected when nobody attends most nights anyway. It was bad enough last season there were certain Fridays when both the Blades and Eagles were playing home games at the same time but might not be wise to schedule the Blades or Eagles on a night when the AHL is on at Mile One. I believe the schedule for the AHL is released in July so the Senior League should have time to figure out scheduling.

• Information