Rumors are flying !

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
catsfan96

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Its nice to hear rumors and player movement it means drop of the puck of a fresh new season is about to begin!
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

boubou17
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Sounds like the caribous have lots of potential coming..

Lines could look somethign like this:
Bragg Desrosier Hulit
D. Sullivan Russell Walsh
Bragg Oake Crann
Meade

Any word on if Ryan Power,Chris Thorne or Bobby Sullivan are planning to return?

Victor Smith
Hill Kavangh
Chapman

Fred Earle or Picco returning?

CaribousFan

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:57 pm

boubou17 wrote:Sounds like the caribous have lots of potential coming..

Bragg Desrosier Hulit
Bragg Oake Crann
Meade

Any word on if Ryan Power,Chris Thorne or Bobby Sullivan are planning to return?

Victor Smith
Hill Kavangh
Chapman

I think Walsh is done with hockey after receiving a concussion, Ryan Power will be back I think, not sure about Thorne or Bobby Sullivan, I don't think you will see Earle or Picco return, I hope I am wrong on Picco, He was a good D man
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

ryderhabs

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:15 pm

boubou17 wrote:Sounds like the caribous have lots of potential coming..

Bragg Desrosier Hulit
Bragg Oake Crann
Meade

Victor Smith
Hill Kavangh
Chapman

You can cut out Walsh, Crann and Hill and replace the with Ryan Delaney, scott Brophy and Brandon Roach.
no Thorne or Bobby Sullivan won't be returning, Power well.

ryderhabs

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Forgot to mention both Smith and Victor are not considered imports anymore, both have full time jobs and live here.

boubou17

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

I highly doubt you will see the Cee Bee's letting Roach, Brophy and Delaney leave. Why wouldn't Crann/Walsh return?? And even if you put Roach in the mix that still makes room for Hill. Interesting to see what the Bragg brothers would be like on a line.

ryderhabs

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

boubou17 wrote:I highly doubt you will see the Cee Bee's letting Roach, Brophy and Delaney leave. Why wouldn't Crann/Walsh return?? And even if you put Roach in the mix that still makes room for Hill. Interesting to see what the Bragg brothers would be like on a line.
Walsh is done with hockey, Crann is working elsewhere, Thats not the only players looking to leave, don't be surprised if Matthew French and chris sparkes are gone as well, like I said earlier the bous could ice two teams and as for Hill i'am sure everyone well know his situation soon enough.

geno

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm

=)) =)) lots of rumors now!!

Look to see Caribous defencemen, Chapman, Victor, Kavanagh, Smith and Hill in the lineup for certain. Picco and Earle are up in the air and sources say another top caliper D-man will also sign before the season starts.

Kent and Crann will both be in Caribous uniforms this season as well as Ryan Walsh and Dale Sullivan.

With some young local leggs having returned from playing away, players like Power, Bobby Sullivan and Meade are all on the bubble IMO.

Lauzon says hes retiring and Bull is still the property of the Caribous even though hes working in GFW for a while.

Lots of players available and IMO this is going to be a very exciting league to watch!!

dakota

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:08 pm

geno wrote:=)) =)) lots of rumors now!!

Look to see Caribous defencemen, Chapman, Victor, Kavanagh, Smith and Hill in the lineup for certain. Picco and Earle are up in the air and sources say another top caliper D-man will also sign before the season starts.

Kent and Crann will both be in Caribous uniforms this season as well as Ryan Walsh and Dale Sullivan.

With some young local leggs having returned from playing away, players like Power, Bobby Sullivan and Meade are all on the bubble IMO.

Lauzon says hes retiring and Bull is still the property of the Caribous even though hes working in GFW for a while.

Lots of players available and IMO this is going to be a very exciting league to watch!!

I really wish the bull stays in clarenville. As far as i'am concerned the bull along with church is the fan favourite in clarenville and is one of the man people pay to watch.

catsfan4

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 pm

from the sports page it says :

Mount Pearl native Ian Norris will be with the defending Herder Memorial champions Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts. He is the brother of Dwayne Norris.

• Information