IF THERES A SALARY CAP

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
SHAWN4ROYALS
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:25 am

can somebody tell me how any teams can actually be signing new players if theres actually going to be a salary cap???obviously to sign a player you have to agree on how much money you can pay a player,do the teams have any idea of what it will be??

theres talk of the east signing "imports" will they actually be allowed to have imports out there???? gary gale said in an interview a few weeks back the west would have more imports then the east,so how mmany will the west actually have????some of these issues apparently wont be answered until september and this seems to make things a little harder on the wings and the royals as they would depend on flying in imports much more then the other teams in NL

just a few questions for possibly somebody in the know much more then myself to answer

geno

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 am

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:can somebody tell me how any teams can actually be signing new players if theres actually going to be a salary cap???obviously to sign a player you have to agree on how much money you can pay a player,do the teams have any idea of what it will be??

theres talk of the east signing "imports" will they actually be allowed to have imports out there???? gary gale said in an interview a few weeks back the west would have more imports then the east,so how mmany will the west actually have????some of these issues apparently wont be answered until september and this seems to make things a little harder on the wings and the royals as they would depend on flying in imports much more then the other teams in NL

just a few questions for possibly somebody in the know much more then myself to answer
I dont know for certain Shawn but I have been told that the West teams would be looking to have 6 .....(yes 6)....imports due to unavailability of local players. I do know for certain that the new ECSHL has agreed to 3 for now. The Rules with respect to what defines an import will be different in the new ECSHL then the WCSHL where the rule regularly got bent to suit the needs of certain teams and nobody was sure what they really were. The Caribous have actually announced the signing of a new import. Will be interesting to see what happens with interlocking if the WCSHL has 6 imports and the ECSHL has 3. Wonder how that will work?
I understand that a cap is indeed in place in the ECSHL, a player cap and a team cap but details of the dollar amounts have yet to be released.

Seems to me as though the new ECSHL has all its ducks in a row and is ready to play!

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:11 pm

tks there geno i have been hearing 6 for the west as well but not from anybody who would have concrete info,as for the new east league having all there ducks in a row well i would say they do,this new league was worked on a very long time ago,actually when the royals made their last reg season trip to cville last season,we were talkin to a represenative from hnl down underneath and they were having their first meeting on that particular weekend to set up this new east league and he knew at that time it would be given the go ahead by hnl(go figure he knew already),so they have been planning this since last february so it makes sense to have all their ducks in a row

out west its hard for any of the teams to make big plans cuz its still so much up in the air,we still dont know on the wings,obviously the royals and cats are in but 2 teams wont make a league,i think it would be hard to recruit players if u dont know theres a league or not,naturally enuf a player aint gonna wait for the team to see if theres a league or not,if he gotta chance to sign somewhere and play hockey well hes gonna take that opportunity,its the way it is at the moment and hopefully we will hear soon that the wings will be a go

ryderhabs

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 pm

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:tks there geno i have been hearing 6 for the west as well but not from anybody who would have concrete info,as for the new east league having all there ducks in a row well i would say they do,this new league was worked on a very long time ago,actually when the royals made their last reg season trip to cville last season,we were talkin to a represenative from hnl down underneath and they were having their first meeting on that particular weekend to set up this new east league and he knew at that time it would be given the go ahead by hnl(go figure he knew already),so they have been planning this since last february so it makes sense to have all their ducks in a row

out west its hard for any of the teams to make big plans cuz its still so much up in the air,we still dont know on the wings,obviously the royals and cats are in but 2 teams wont make a league,i think it would be hard to recruit players if u dont know theres a league or not,naturally enuf a player aint gonna wait for the team to see if theres a league or not,if he gotta chance to sign somewhere and play hockey well hes gonna take that opportunity,its the way it is at the moment and hopefully we will hear soon that the wings will be a go

The wings are expected to make a announcement in the very near future and it doesn't look good...I've been told they are taking a year to recontruct there finances.

• Information