Cataracts Fan Update

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
catsfan200

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:28 pm

I was searching the Cats website today and I seen this.

http://www.gfwcataracts.com/cataracts-s ... an-update/
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

ryderhabs
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:35 pm

My hat goes off to the cats organization, they are a class act and by releaseing this imformation to the fans just goes to show they really know how important the fans are...have to say I agree with everything they said in there memo. In my personal opinion after talking to family back home is that the wings won't be icing a team this year and it looks like the royals are right behind, it well be sad to see one or both step a side but it just has to happen. I was told deerlake well make the announcement very soon that they well be stepping aside for this season but well continue to hold funraisers to hopefully have a return in the 2012-2013 season as a more strong finanical team.

Mysterious Unicorn

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:22 pm

I wouldn't call that classy, seems like wining and complaining about the west league to me. The league that made them, oh well no one wants them in the east so they better start sucking up to the west league again soon. Gotta love playing both sides

catsfan200

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:48 pm

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

bogeyman

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:11 am

Mysterious Unicorn wrote:I wouldn't call that classy, seems like wining and complaining about the west league to me. The league that made them, oh well no one wants them in the east so they better start sucking up to the west league again soon. Gotta love playing both sides
Did you:

A) Not read the letter to fans
B) Not understand it or
C) Base your comments on the Sportspage article?

There was no whining (note spelling) contained in it. Just stating that they were waiting on all other teams to make a commitment before they could finalize plans for the coming season and were frustrated that there still seemed to be some uncertainty. I suspect this is true of all teams. This was designed to let their fans know what the Cats position was given all the rumours that have been circulating over the summer rather than keep them in the dark and guessing as to what was going on. This of course was only part of the letter. Other sections dealt with other items such as returning players, ticket sales, the Allan Cup and organizational restructuring. Your comment that "no one wants them in the east" displays how little you know about what is actually happening in NL senior hockey. Looks like both the Cats and Royals are headed east this year unless all the rumours about DL not playing prove not to be true. As they stated in the letter they are committed to playing in the West League (if there is one). No sucking up required.

Not sure why some people have a knee jerk negative reaction to anything a team, other than the one they cheer for, either says or does. Fans need to understand that in order for their team to succeed, all teams need to succeed. Otherwise we lose senior hockey.

• Information