Games This Weekend

AHL Hockey - St. John's Ice Caps discussion.
gallerygod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Oh what's this..what's this!!!!!!Backtalk moderator trashes IceCaps and Mile One Stadium..Little Minnow from the court of the King of the Corner Boys has to counteract negative thoughts. Can't have that..no siree. can't have any negativity..especially from the tepid townie media. Or should I say objectivity. Team sucked..can't say that..especially in the third period..can't say that..50/50 breakdown..that's a no/no..and OMG to say fix the p.a. system at Mile One..did he go too far????

InTheFog

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:55 pm

gallerygod wrote:Oh what's this..what's this!!!!!!Backtalk moderator trashes IceCaps and Mile One Stadium..Little Minnow from the court of the King of the Corner Boys has to counteract negative thoughts. Can't have that..no siree. can't have any negativity..especially from the tepid townie media. Or should I say objectivity. Team sucked..can't say that..especially in the third period..can't say that..50/50 breakdown..that's a no/no..and OMG to say fix the p.a. system at Mile One..did he go too far????
I herd that outburst and I don't think he trashed the IceCaps at all.

kabbott50

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:46 pm

gallerygod wrote:For those that think the main purpose of the Ice Caps is to win hockey games. You're sadly, sadly mistaken. The main purpose of the Ice Caps is to develop talent for the Winnipeg Jets. Nothing more--nothing less. If there are wins then fine--bonus. But that is not the primary objective.
The role of the Ice Caps is to develop talent. By the way Michel Goulet doesn't travel to St,John's to see a team win or lose. He's there to assess talent. And he's there to see if Winnipeg and Phoenix are developing talent. Calgary is last in their division and may be getting ready to push their panic button a la Montreal. And last night St.John's had nothing to offer Goooooolet for his dispatches to the home office.
Did you NOT ready my post?

St. John's (fans) wants them to win - Winnipeg wants them to develop. Both things are happening.

InTheFog

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

gallerygod wrote:For those that think the main purpose of the Ice Caps is to win hockey games. You're sadly, sadly mistaken. The main purpose of the Ice Caps is to develop talent for the Winnipeg Jets. Nothing more--nothing less. If there are wins then fine--bonus. But that is not the primary objective.
The role of the Ice Caps is to develop talent. By the way Michel Goulet doesn't travel to St,John's to see a team win or lose. He's there to assess talent. And he's there to see if Winnipeg and Phoenix are developing talent. Calgary is last in their division and may be getting ready to push their panic button a la Montreal. And last night St.John's had nothing to offer Goooooolet for his dispatches to the home office.
I have to agree with you on all points but the last one.

I still prefer the CHL hockey to the AHL but this what the fans in St. John's wanted so if we don't make this work by attending the games Mile One will be a white elephant in three years and it's too nice of a building to be empty so I will support the team for as long as they are here.

gallerygod

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:30 pm

To In the Fog and others..What really ticks me about it all--was the false hype by those who really know better-- being sold to the fans? And sadly the fans bought it. This was Atlanta. A sad sack of a hockey franchise that was sold and moved. Yes the AHL is back but they didn't tell you what you were getting.
Let's see the leading scorer is 53rd in the league and it's now a defenseman. ouch..the team is 0 and 3 when it comes to overtime games..that smarts...On the upside, the goalie gets called up and could be there for awhile. Groin injuries for goalies are usual slow healing.
Please no more Jason King stories until he does something. He's 101st in scoring.

InTheFog

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm

I remember when the Leafs were here the first few years they had players like Curtis Hunt, Patrick Augusta; Rich Chernomaz, Felix Potvin, Yannick Perreault, and Todd Gillingham. These players were ones that the fans loved. They bought character and toughness to the team in Gillingham's case and Perreault the scoring. You don't see that in the AHL these days at all.

And of course we can't forget about Frankie Bialowis (sp?) and Shawn Thornton lol:)

InTheFog

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 am

gallerygod wrote:To In the Fog and others..What really ticks me about it all--was the false hype by those who really know better-- being sold to the fans? And sadly the fans bought it. This was Atlanta. A sad sack of a hockey franchise that was sold and moved. Yes the AHL is back but they didn't tell you what you were getting.
Let's see the leading scorer is 53rd in the league and it's now a defenseman. ouch..the team is 0 and 3 when it comes to overtime games..that smarts...On the upside, the goalie gets called up and could be there for awhile. Groin injuries for goalies are usual slow healing.
Please no more Jason King stories until he does something. He's 101st in scoring.
gallerygod their new leading scorer is a career AHLer.

• Information