League Award Voting

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
B. Billard
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 pm

The CWJHL invites players and fans to make their picks for the 2011-2012 league awards. In the event of a tie in league voting on the award winners, for the first time the CWJHL will turn to the votes of the players and fans to determine the outcome. Make your pick and have a hand in handing out the league hardware!

http://www.cwjhl.pointstreaksites.com

Voting closes at 9:00pm on Friday, February 10th, 2012

PowerPlay13

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Leading Scorer: Brett Robinson pretty sure.

Rookie of the year: Jarad King

MVP: Steve Hobbs

Goalie of the Year: First place, Luke Canning pretty much how it went every other year.

Top Defenseman: Scott Cantwell
Last edited by PowerPlay13 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pabfan2011

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:21 pm

leading scorer: by the stats as of now, brett robinson.

mvp: nick tucker.

rookie of the year: jarrad king/scott fracis.

top goalie: luke canning.

top d-man: scott cantwell.

Gongshow_08

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am

Leading Scorer: Brett Robinson

MVP: Greg Edgar

Rookie of the Year: Jarad kind, or Brandon Mitchell

Top Defenseman: Scott Cantwell

Goalie of the year: Luke Canning

Most Sportsmanlike: Scott Francais

BadBlast23

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 am

Leading Scorer by the looks of things not sure if the stats are completly up to date or not but "Brett Robinson"

MVP a player who seemed to score big goals for the mariners all year and came along way from his first two years: Nick Tucker

Hands down the rookie of the year has to go to Jarad king.

Top D Man is easily the raining champ Scotty Cantwell

Goalie of the Year in my opinion is not Canning although he has played some big hockey this year. I have to give it to Murley has he has stole games for his team all year faceing up to 50 shots some games. Got to tip the hat to the kid.

Not sure on the most the other awards....

centralcats4

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 am

I have not been able to watch many games this year but have taken in the ladder half of the season and have to say the Mariners have alot of young players that I think will not show up to play in the playoffs. I think it will be the Cats to take it in the finals with Cantwell leading the way. JMO

From what everyone else is saying Robinson has the top scorer locked up and so he should he is a great player.

My MVP vote goes out to Marcus Sampson who is a tremendous play and do believe he will come up in the playoffs. Nick Tucker for a close second.

Most defensive player goes to the obviously Scott Cantwell as he slows the game down to his pace every time he plays. Likeing this young Russell Maclean kid aswell .

Goalie of the year i'm going to give it to Randell from what I seen so far this year.

Most sportsmanlike player someone from sville for being last....their best player.

Rookie of the year going out to Jarad King he seems to be putting up big points for his first year. The kid has nice hand and some good talent.

Redwing

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:12 am

I don't know about the MVP boys, my vote is Nathan Mitchell. He's been with the team since day 1, back when they had 9, 10 or 11 players and he was an impact then and still is. IMO he have turned his game around since last year and has been the most important player to his team. Take him out of the picture, the Cats would have finished 3rd or maybe even 4th.

MarinersFan23

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 am

Ya the mariners have some young players but they are speedy and hard workers and just leave it to the vets like Edgar, Robinson, and Tucker for setting these young guns on there way. I think that the Cats are actually going to have a tough time with the speedy redwings to be quite honest as they have a really talented team on paper. Here are my votes

MVP - Nick Tucker or Nathan mitchell (Very good point redwing couldn't agree more)

Top Scorer - Brett Robinson

Top Defenseman - Scott Cantwell

Rookie of the Year - Got to give it to Ryan Meade like that way he plays

Most Sportsmanlike - Murley from the Jets or Scott Francais

Goalie of the year - Luke Canning

Buzzed34

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 am

Is this how they always done the voting for the leauge awards? I thought the leauge Exec picked these awards.

Goalie of the year for Andrew Murley, Leading scorer Brett robinson, Most sportsmanlike Josh White, Rookie of the year Ryan Meade, Most Valuable Player Nick Tucker, Defensive award Garrett Thissel

RedWingsfan3

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 am

Rook of the Year......Ryan Meade (Deerlake Redwings)

MVP......My most definate pick would have went to Grant Vincent but seeing he had mono i'm going to go with Josh White (Sville Jets) he is a pure scorer. Nick Tucker (PAB Mariners) Close Second also scored some clutch Goals for the Mariners

Top Snipes.....Brett Robinson (PAB Mariners)

Goalie of the year......Andrew Murley (Sville Jets)

Top Defenseman......Scott Cantwell (Grandfalls Cats)

Most Sportsmanlike.....Nathan White (Deerlake Redwings)

• Information