Round 2

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
hockeyfan69
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 pm

What teams do you think will make it to round 2? I think it will be the caps, flyers, capitals, and stars.

stump

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:17 pm

stars....really?

kabbott50

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 pm

They've been playing better hockey as of late. Took St. John's to a shootout twice, only to be on the wrong end. I think they can surprise in the first round if they're up to the challenge.

JuniorHockeyFan

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 pm

The Stars actually took the Caps to a shootout once not twice, but they had been playing a little better. They were not going to give Mt.Pearl much of a challenge anyways but the injury to Tyler Adams was pretty much the end of it for them. Lanning is playing some good hockey as well but they really dont have the depth to get past that.

If game one is any indication the Caps shouldn't have much trouble rolling past the Renegades.

Despite the ass whooping they took last night from the Celtics, the Flyers are playing some very impressive hockey and I'd expect they should finish off the series on Thursday, but the Celtics showed some heart in fighting back so maybe they can take some momentum out of this.

Tomorrows game in the Gould could be the pivotal game of the first round. I really thought the Capitals wouldn't have much trouble with the Breakers as the Shore really fell apart down the stretch, but as the Flyers learned last year Shane Boland and company won't go down without a fight and if they can pull it off tomorrow night I think they just may pull off the upset.

I think round two sets up like this:
1.)Caps vs. 6.) Breakers
2.)Blades vs. 4.) Flyers

If this happens I think the Blades/ Flyers series could be the series of the year, with both teams being four games away from possible births in the Veitch and the Don Johnson Cup!

whataboutme

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't think the capitals will let this series go past 5 games. They had a few key players out for the first two games of the season but I think they will have a full line up for tomorrow night.

I see St. John's, Mount Pearl, Avalon, and Whitborne going through to the next round and look to see both series in the second round to be dog fights.

newf709

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 am

hockeyfan69 wrote:What teams do you think will make it to round 2? I think it will be the caps, flyers, capitals, and stars.
HAHAHAHAHAHA CBN winning..thats a good one.. clearly you have not been following the league, or are simply overlooking how well the blades have performed this year. They ended up tying the Caps overall in the regular season with 46 points, and since the beginning of December have only lost one game (in overtime). It is absolutely insane that you would say CBN who didn't even win 10 games in the regular season would take out the blades in the first round. Blades are up 3-0 in the series, and will easily finish CBN off on friday.
The top 4 Teams will be Caps, Blades, Whitbourne, and Avalon ... however i would not be surprised if boland and the shore end up making it to the second round over avalon

whataboutme

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 pm

guess i was wrong about taking it in 5, look out for the shore here.

• Information