Who will be in The Herder Finals ?????????

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
avalon
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Just thought i would start a new topic and see how everyone is predicting the Semi finals will go.
Most people think it will be a show down between The Cat and Bous. I have a feeling that there will be an upset this year and one if not two of the other teams will be playing for the Herder.

For fan attendance at Mile One or the Pepsi Centre the best match up would be the Royals aganist either the Blade or CeeBees, no question about that, Less travel for one thing and it would be a truly an East meets West.
This may not happen but it would would create a lot more interest in the NSHL. An upset is always good for the game.

Personally and after talking to a number of fans i can't see how the Bous and Cats will draw big crowds at Mile One or the Pepsi Center. Especially now with the Ice Caps being such a big draw. Although the old die Hard hockey Fans in St Johns might prove me wrong if indeed the Bous and Cats are in the finals.
To get 6000 fans at mile one you will need 4500 from St Johns.

Give it some thought.

Tomcod

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 pm

PERSONALY I think the herder is going to be a flop no matter who plays jmo ...stay tuned...

superfan

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 pm

\

sorry avalon to disappoint you but the cats and bous WILL rock the herder champianships to the max because they are the two hottest teams on the rock . if you would like to attend these games i suggest you get your tickets the very minute they go on sale because the cats and bous are the hottest ticket on the rock .

...... LIVE ON THE ROCK ARE YOU READY !!!!!! ......

avalon

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 pm

superfan wrote:\

sorry avalon to disappoint you but the cats and bous WILL rock the herder champianships to the max because they are the two hottest teams on the rock . if you would like to attend these games i suggest you get your tickets the very minute they go on sale because the cats and bous are the hottest ticket on the rock .

...... LIVE ON THE ROCK ARE YOU READY !!!!!! ......
I think the Bous and Cats are good teams. But the playoffs often brings out the best in the under dog and with some breaks along the way anything could happen. If the bous and cats are that good why don't they just go direct to the herder finals.
It have happen many times when a team just made the playoffs they went on to be champions.
I realy can see the Blades or Ceebees taking the Bous, the Bous have lots of fire power but little on the back end, Churchill is not always going to come up big. As for the Royals they are as good as the Bous or Cats.
A few breaks and anyone can win.

In and Out

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Cats in 5 over the Cee Bees...............You guys don't listen very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinny

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

With a lucky bounce or two and leadership from some of their seasoned veterans I can see the Royals knocking off both the Cats and Bous in 6 games.

It's a whole new ballgame come playoff time and the Royals have the right mix of youth, skill, and experience to take them all the way.

Admittedly, the Bous have the best team on paper but luckily they play on ice, not paper.

CaribousFan

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:53 pm

If the bous can play like they did on sunday than they will have a good chance at going to the herder, We will have to wait and see who we plays and how the first few games go than we will have a good idea
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

superfan

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 pm

vinny wrote:With a lucky bounce or two and leadership from some of their seasoned veterans I can see the Royals knocking off both the Cats and Bous in 6 games.

It's a whole new ballgame come playoff time and the Royals have the right mix of youth, skill, and experience to take them all the way.

Admittedly, the Bous have the best team on paper but luckily they play on ice, not paper.

the bouville snipers have six players in the top ten . their speed ,agility, agressive forchecking ability and sheer fire power wil insure that they find the twine . the only thing holding the royals back is fan attendence . if their was good fan attendence at the pepsi center the royals would be much more successful this season .

i hope the pepsi center enjoys great attendence because the royals are a great team and need great fan support .they CERTAINLY deserve fan support and i HOPE the royals fans block the pepsi center to the max ,

....... LIVE AT THE PEPSI CENTER ARE YOU READY !!!!!! .......

chesterfriedchicken

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 am

Tomcod wrote:PERSONALY I think the herder is going to be a flop no matter who plays jmo ...stay tuned...
i understand that last year was your first at mile one for a herder with the cats in the final, but here's some information for you. go back 30 years when randy pearcey, richard linteau, dan cormier, ed kearsey, don howse, gordie gallant, jeff leaverman........filled memorial stadium, humber gardens, the joe............go ahead 10 years when juannnnnderful strickland, kirby dumaresque, derek dalley, russ kennedy.........filled brother o'heir arena to capacity........... another 10 years when steve cleary, todd gillingham, scott sullivan, steve north..........filled feildian gardens to capacity...........another 10 years where keith delaney, jason churchill, martin lapointe, matt quinn, andrew pearcey..........filled mile one to capacity (6600 for one game, it would take 6 games at the joe to get that many fans).

i'm sure you get the drift, you could have ireland's eye vs spencer's cove (for those who don't know, these are two resettled communities) play at st. bon's and it'd be filled to capacity in st. john's. the herder is like the regatta, if it goes ahead fans will flock to see it.

i know you are hoping for a flop but i hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, it will sellout just like it has the last 30 years. just because a fuss was kicked up in grand falls this year over the location, people out east will not care. the more people that do not come from central to watch, the more tickets available for people out east. thank you.

Hockey Eyes

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 am

You are correct sir. Now that it is guaranteed that either the CeeBees or the Blades or the Caribous will play in the final then the " gate " is assured. All three centres are within driving distance of Mile One. I can see this Herder as being the biggest and best ever . You are also right in the fact that it is much like the Regatta . It is a place to and to " see and be seen". I hope lots of people come see it for the first time. It is , as you know quite an experience. For those who want it to be a " flop" I don't think you are real hockey fans . you are residents of a community that sees itself as pitted against the world with a load of people plotting against you. that has nothing to do with hockey and nothign to do with the great provincial " festival " that the Herder has become . I'll be at Mile One and if there are games athe Pepsi Centre..I'll be there if i can get tickets.

• Information