League Executive and Final Season Notes

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
kwh4050
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 am

On behalf of the Centranl NL Jr-Cats we first off would like to wish the best of luck to PAB and HV. The eventually winner better well-represent @ the Veitch Finals...

Next, On behalf of the Centranl NL Jr-Cats including the Coach, players and team Executive we would like to thank Randy Larcombe and Paul Lewis for making sure that this league existed. Without your tireless and endless work and dedication the league would not have even got off the group this year. You will be missed.

The positions of President and Vice-President will be coming vacant at the end of the season and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for potential candidates? Please leave all your thoughts and ideas.... Should be interesting to hear what people say.

Personally, I think after many years of Coaching and Managing Teans, Blair Rice could be a good fit on the executive for this league. Bill Dormody would be a great fit but it's eligible due to his committment to the "Jr-Cats"

kwh4050

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:54 am

We, as a staff, have been considering changing the name of the Jr-Cats to try something new for once.... Does anyone have any idea what they would like it hear. Obviously think of a name that will easily have a logo drawn to match it..... Let us know all your ideas... Thanks

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:10 am

I actually believe Blair rice would be a great candidgate for a position... He has proven himself to not be biased to one team or the other even though he was affiliated with the cats in the past which is what is needed IMO... He has a great knowledge of both the league and the game itself as well as the teams involved in the league and I think he would be very fair on judging such things as rescheduled games and forfeits. I also believe Bruce Billard would be a great choice, although I'm not sure if he would qualify for the position... Bruce is a very fair person and would judge on what's right and wrong, not on the teams involved

kwh4050

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 pm

marinersfan13 wrote:I actually believe Blair rice would be a great candidgate for a position... He has proven himself to not be biased to one team or the other even though he was affiliated with the cats in the past which is what is needed IMO... He has a great knowledge of both the league and the game itself as well as the teams involved in the league and I think he would be very fair on judging such things as rescheduled games and forfeits. I also believe Bruce Billard would be a great choice, although I'm not sure if he would qualify for the position... Bruce is a very fair person and would judge on what's right and wrong, not on the teams involved
I have to agree with you there. Bruce and Ricey could defnitely work well together and try and take this league to a new level. I wonder if it will be possible for Corner Brook or Clarenville to ice a team next season? Having more than 4 teams could be great....

Marinersfan13 ... will you be at the AGM in Windsor?

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:22 pm

kwh4050 wrote:
marinersfan13 wrote:I actually believe Blair rice would be a great candidgate for a position... He has proven himself to not be biased to one team or the other even though he was affiliated with the cats in the past which is what is needed IMO... He has a great knowledge of both the league and the game itself as well as the teams involved in the league and I think he would be very fair on judging such things as rescheduled games and forfeits. I also believe Bruce Billard would be a great choice, although I'm not sure if he would qualify for the position... Bruce is a very fair person and would judge on what's right and wrong, not on the teams involved
I have to agree with you there. Bruce and Ricey could defnitely work well together and try and take this league to a new level. I wonder if it will be possible for Corner Brook or Clarenville to ice a team next season? Having more than 4 teams could be great....

Marinersfan13 ... will you be at the AGM in Windsor?
I doubt cb will be able to ice a team due to problems with ice time, therefore why the royals moved to deer lake this year. Clarenville could be a good possibility though if someone were to really try to get one on the go. I do think more then a 4 team league would be great but with traveling and other commitments I don't know if it's really plausible to have one out here. The st. Johns league plays during the week which isn't really possible over here with travel IMO... No I won't be at the AGM due to work commitments and travel expenses

kwh4050

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm

[/quote]No I won't be at the AGM due to work commitments and travel expenses[/quote]

the team isn't paying for them?

marinersfan13

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:43 am

I don't know...

kwh4050

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 pm

marinersfan13 wrote:I don't know...
it is a big expense. i wonder what the ruling would be on using skype? that would make it easier for especially you guys in PAB or for vice-versa if the agm was in PAB for us...

have you guys heard of any "real" possibilities for league executive positions? I know that Blair Rice's name was passed around but I also would have to say that Justin Blackler, from your organization, would also be a great guy to have in there.... any other possibilities?

OzzyNF

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 am

I doubt Blackler will be available, he has a couple small kids and just does not have the time.
Assistant Coach
Port aux Basques Mariners

kwh4050

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 am

OzzyNF wrote:I doubt Blackler will be available, he has a couple small kids and just does not have the time.
definitely but he'd be a much better pres than anyone else whose names has either been mentioned or "self-proclaimed" lol........

• Information