Mariners / Rewings Game 1

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 pm

CONGRATS to Mark Lawrence on winning the Coach of the Year and to Brett Robinson on winning League MVP and Top Scorer you guys do us proud night in and night out!

The game tonight was a descent one with alot of chippy stuff and hard hitting and it was a fast past game!
Robinson certainly showed why he was top scorer cause he netted 4 goals and had at least 1 assist that i know of. Cnning really stood tall for the mariners tonight and the D really played well also with not nearly as many mistakes as they are used to making.
The redwings were very undiscipline and it cost them a couple of goals Steve Hobbs was pretty much a non factor there new goalie was not all that hot either i guess we will see tomorrow if it was just tonights game or not. Grant Vincent had 2 goals but other than that he was pretty much a non factor cause after that our d shut him down pretty good. Lundrigan was up to his old antics again out trying to be the big guy to fight and hurt somebody and he ended up getting a game misconduct for hit to the head with 5 mins left in the game so he should be out of the line up tomorrow!
But dispite the score the game i think it is going to be a good series thats for sure!

kwh4050

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am

Marinersfan01 wrote:CONGRATS to Mark Lawrence on winning the Coach of the Year and to Brett Robinson on winning League MVP and Top Scorer you guys do us proud night in and night out!
On behalf of the Jr-Cats we would also like to congratulate Mark Lawrence and Robinson for their awards. They both did a great job all season.

Good luck in the finals and see you all next season.

Marinersfan01

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 am

Can anyone post who got the rest of the awards from the league?

kwh4050

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Marinersfan01 wrote:Can anyone post who got the rest of the awards from the league?
Top D - Scotty Cantwell

Rookie of the Year - Jared King

Top Goalie -- I think went to the goalie from the Jets

MarinersDieHard

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Scott Francis, in my opinion should of won Rookie of the Year and what is up with Murley from the Jets winning the Top Goalie.....and another thing Cantwell.....did he play the whole year...I don't think so

Redwing

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:26 pm

MarinersDieHard wrote:Scott Francis, in my opinion should of won Rookie of the Year and what is up with Murley from the Jets winning the Top Goalie.....and another thing Cantwell.....did he play the whole year...I don't think so
murley stood on his head all year, everyone in the league knows it, no other goalie played well enough to even compete with that

kwh4050

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 am

MarinersDieHard wrote:Scott Francis, in my opinion should of won Rookie of the Year and what is up with Murley from the Jets winning the Top Goalie.....and another thing Cantwell.....did he play the whole year...I don't think so
Scotty only missed 4 games this season.

Also, how can there even be an arguement about King getting rookie of the year award? He almost won top scorer. Not taking anything away from Robinson who is a great scorer and player for getting a ton of points but King was on the scoresheet for every sheet that was submitted. I wish that the 2 missing sheets could be found from Nov. 12th & 26th. I know on the 26th, the Jr-Cats beat PAB at the Windsor stadium 9-8 and he had 8 pts. Not sure about what he actually got on the 12th but no one does. The scores and points listed on his personal stats for the 12th and 26th aren't true and the sheets are still missing. Too bad we could get the actual sheets for those dates so that we could get the ACTUAL results for top scorer. ALL-IN-ALL though, King was HANDS-DOWN the top rookie in the league and was very close to, if not actaually, winning the scoring title as well.. Hard to argue against that...

marinersfan13

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

I think all the awards went to the right people this year... Murley definitely deserved goalie of the year... IMO he is the reason the jets had such a good season this year in comparison to other years. Also cantwel deserved the top d spot... With the exception of snow, who didn't qualify for the award, no d man in the league holds a candle to him. Rookie of the year is always argued... I think it was a toss up between king and Francis and either deserved to win. Both did amazing as players just coming into the league and they will both benefit their teams if they stay in the league...

• Information