Round Two So Far

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
newf709
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Round two seems to be an exciting round, with Whitbourne and the Caps going to game seven, and Mt. Pearl and Avalon tied at one a piece!
Game seven between whitbourne and the caps will most certainly be one of the biggest games of the season as it could possibly guarantee either mt. pearl or avalon a spot in the veitch. Whitbourne will definitely be bringing their "A" game, and it will be one to watch! I think that the caps will end up coming out on top as they do have home ice advantage, however I won't be surprised if whitbourne pull off a huge upset and take the caps as they have been playing excellent hockey. (Honestly it would be nice to see, especially with the newspaper articles I read about how St. John's is the "superior team", and no team in this league is up to their caliber) I would honestly love to see either Whitbourne, Mt. Pearl, or Avalon take out St. John's and knock them down a peg or two. Definitely not the team that they...
As for Mt. Pearl and Avalon, I can see it going either way as of now. Both games have been extremely close as game one was decided in the last 3 minutes, and game two in the last 42 seconds. I think that whoever wins tonight's game will end up winning the series!

Hockey Eyes

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 pm

My observation in the Mount pearl Avalon series is that the Blades are a little "tougher on the puck " . They win more than their share of battles along the boars and Avalon needs to crank up that aspect of their game. Great series though ....

newf709

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:My observation in the Mount pearl Avalon series is that the Blades are a little "tougher on the puck " . They win more than their share of battles along the boars and Avalon needs to crank up that aspect of their game. Great series though ....
i agree with you 100%. the blades are a lot tougher on the puck and i've noticed that avalon do not really hit all that much, as the blades are dominating them in that aspect. One thing I can't stand is the amount of dives I am seeing coming from avalon team, and they are blatant dives, especially coming from rideout. Thats just what i'm seeing though. Game 5 is tonight at the glacier and i think tonight will be avalons last game as i can see the blades winning the series, locking themselves a place in the finals against st. johns and also a spot in the veitch!

Hockey Eyes

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm

The final series is going to be great. Avalon gave it a great effort last night . Two games in the series went to OT. You can't ask for more than that. Also a nice number of fans out last night at the Glacier. More than were down to the Jack Byrne Friday night for the first game of the playoff round robin.

• Information