Western Star Article

Newfoundland & Labrador general hockey discussion.
geoff
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am

kabbott50

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

What do I think?

"He said it’s no coincidence the rest of the league seemed reluctant to finish the season, and believes having two balanced teams coming out of Corner Brook Regional High, particularly if they’re going to accept major midget players on the roster, would go a long way towards league parity. It might even save the league itself."

That...

creator

Sun May 06, 2012 11:09 pm

i agree with all teams not willing to play corner brook ; this years league was too one sided ; why travel to not have fun, to get basically crapped on by corner brook,

corner brook got blown out in major midget competition; maybe corner brook players needed the confidence boost of blowing teams less skilled than them out of the water.

this problem needs to be fixed; i played for Appalachia High last year, we lost every single game. it was brutal. we didn't expect to win so people wouldn't show up to games and we'd always have a short bench. kids are losing interest in high school hockey because of this "cool" new corner brook team; it ruins the league for kids. people are not having fun.

even on appalachia we had close games; we did have a laugh, but it'd be better if we won. we were involved in probably 4 blowouts but that's not bad for a small school, but the difference was that there was competition.. this year, there was none.

• Information